Texture Morphing Issues

hawkeye52

Hi, after looking at all the support issues on this, it appears that most people have theirs resolved through various solutions I  have tried everything described in every related post with no success.  Here is a summary of what I've tried so far to help figure out the source of the issue.

This is my first point of this issue, to find that my issues is unrelated to the source of the problem in that thread:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/82243-strange-texturescenery-issues-after-lceu/?p=762646

I see rapidly/changing textures as I fly through Europe..nowhere else.  It is pretty much like this:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/83260-openlc-eu-flashing-morphing-tiles/

I have confirmed that my LC Europe entries are per the guide provided.

I have done the texture.cfg refresh provided by Holger at the following link:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/79004-resolving-rapid-ground-texture-morphing/

My backed up texture.cfg before refreshing texture.cfg

- Gave bad morphing issues in LC Europe

My refreshed texture.cfg with FTX Central set to FTX Global with NO hybrid

- Worked beautifully in LC Europe

My refreshed texture.cfg with FTX Central set to FTX Global with hybrid

- Gave bad morphing issues in LC Europe

One odd thing I noticed is that with hybrid ENABLED my texture.cfg is considerably smaller than with it disabled. So my question is...why with hybrid enabled, would there be fewer texture entries when it allows the usage of my PFJ/CRM/NRM.  I also compared all three files and they are a drastically different looking at them under WinMerge but I'm not familiar enough with texture.cfg entries to make sense of them.

EDIT:  There are not fewer texture.cfg entires, but the contents within them are the same but with hybrid enabled many entires are missing their GUID entry as compared to with Hybrid disabled...could this be important?

I would be happy to do more tests to provide more details:

-I tested this in prague and portugal

-Have no other scenery besides ORBX stuff install (have addon aircraft)

-Prepar3D 2.3

Thanks so much guys and I hope this helps!

Hey guys any updates to this?  I provided plenty of details, just looking for a response that yes it's an issue you guys have found.  I can always do a clean install of 2.3 with just global and LC europe but I really don't want to do that if I don't have to, to prove there is an issue.

Hi Guys,

I have the same issue, but im my case I have no problem with global- and hybrid-mode but only in europe-mode. (testet near EDDK)

I tried rebuilding the terrain.cfg (not the texture.cfg ;D ) and did set the insertion point in FTX-Central to "addon-scenery".

I have fresh installed Global, Vector and OpenLC.

I hope you will find an solution or even validate this issue.

cheers /Hendrik/

Hi Guys,

I have the same issue, but im my case I have no problem with global- and hybrid-mode but only in europe-mode. (testet near EDDK)

I tried rebuilding the terrain.cfg (not the texture.cfg ;D ) and did set the insertion point in FTX-Central to "addon-scenery".

I have fresh installed Global, Vector and OpenLC.

I hope you will find an solution or even validate this issue.

cheers /Hendrik/

So it seems there is nothing wrong for you.

At present, FTX Europe consists of only the UK and Ireland.

To fly there only, set Europe.

To see mainland textures correctly, Global or Global+Hybrid.

should be set.

So it seems there is nothing wrong for you.

At present, FTX Europe consists of only the UK and Ireland.

To fly there only, set Europe.

To see mainland textures correctly, Global or Global+Hybrid.

should be set.

Hi Nick,

yes you are right. Before OpenLC I never had to swith to global, but global must be correct outside of my Scotland Full Region.

The other Guys have problems with Global+Hybrid, but for me Global and Global+Hybrid is looking fine.

Thanks /Hendrik/

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, if it helps any.  I went ahead and redid yet another fresh install of P3D 2.3.  I only installed FTX Global and FTX EU LC and nothing else (no regions) and everything is fine now.  I also installed the EU LC packs in non-alphabetical order to change things up a bit and everything seems fine so far.  I then installed PNW and EU still looks good with Hybrid mode ON...I'm wondering if it is a conflict with another one of my regions or the order of install.  So far so good, but I'll check the EU region after each install to see how it looks.

UPDATE: Everything went foul when I installed CRM...now that CRM is installed I get odd texture swapping/morphing with Hybrid ON, before CRM I had PFJ, NRM, PNW, and Global installed all just fine with Hybrid ON flying over Europe LC so it appears the CRM mucks up something that conflicts with Europe LC.  Okay no more experimenting from me, at least I know the conflicting components now.

Hi hawkeye,

As I suggested in the other thread could you please do the same?

With FTX Central set to Global and Hybrid unticked please go to the Scenery\BASE\Scenery folder, right click lclookup and select Properties and post the screenshot of what you see here. Also, do the same with Global with Hybrid checked as well.

Hi hawkeye,

As I suggested in the other thread could you please do the same?

With FTX Central set to Global and Hybrid unticked please go to the Scenery\BASE\Scenery folder, right click lclookup and select Properties and post the screenshot of what you see here. Also, do the same with Global with Hybrid checked as well.

Hi,

I have reported the same issue.  With Global + Hybrid I get morphing textures throughout mainland Europe:

Properties of lclookup in Global Mode:

0vQa8.jpg

Properties of lclookup in Global + Hybrid Mode:

kjp7.jpg

Hope this can be resolved.

Regards,

Daz

The version that is being switched is the original Global version and not the one shipped with openLC. Not sure why this is occurring. I assume that Global was already installed prior to installing openLC?

Extract this file to the ORBX\Scripts\custom.gb_hybrid folder

lclookup.zip

let it overwrite and try again with Hybrid ticked and applied.

The version that is being switched is the original Global version and not the one shipped with openLC. Not sure why this is occurring. I assume that Global was already installed prior to installing openLC?

attachicon.giflclookup.zip

Thanks Ed!  I'm on work travel now so won't get to try it out for a while, but the previous poster is posting exactly what i'm seeing in portugal!  Hopefully this will fix it and I'd be soooo happy.

And yes your assumption is correct.  Is it not standard procedure to have global installed before OpenLC as global is a pre-requisite of OpenLC?  Why would you install it the other way around?  Here was my install order, which I think makes most sense...

0.  FSGlobal 2010 Mesh

1.  FTX Global

2.  FTX LC EU

3.  FTX Regions (NRM, PFJ, CRM, PNW, AU)  <--- Problem showed up here after installing CRM

4.  FTX Airports (11S, 05S)

5.  FTX Freeware Stuff (AU Mesh, PNG Mesh, Freeware Airports, AI Traffic NA, AI Traffic AU)

6.  Latest FTX Orbx Libs

I only install using P3Dv2 native installers and did not have any other addons installed prior to installing FTX stuff besides FS Global 2010

Hope this helps...let me know if this order isn't right, but this is the most sensible way to install everything.  

attachicon.giflclookup.zip

Hi,

I can confirm that this has fixed the issue. I will keep the file handy just in case it happens again.

Thanks,

Daz

Thanks Ed!  I'm on work travel now so won't get to try it out for a while, but the previous poster is posting exactly what i'm seeing in portugal!  Hopefully this will fix it and I'd be soooo happy.

And yes your assumption is correct.  Is it not standard procedure to have global installed before OpenLC as global is a pre-requisite of OpenLC?  Why would you install it the other way around?  Here was my install order, which I think makes most sense...

0.  FSGlobal 2010 Mesh

1.  FTX Global

2.  FTX LC EU

3.  FTX Regions (NRM, PFJ, CRM, PNW, AU)  <--- Problem showed up here after installing CRM

4.  FTX Airports (11S, 05S)

5.  FTX Freeware Stuff (AU Mesh, PNG Mesh, Freeware Airports, AI Traffic NA, AI Traffic AU)

6.  Latest FTX Orbx Libs

I only install using P3Dv2 native installers and did not have any other addons installed prior to installing FTX stuff besides FS Global 2010

Hope this helps...let me know if this order isn't right, but this is the most sensible way to install everything.  

Order sounds 100% OK, was just checking as I am trying to figure out why  0.1% of openLC users are having this issue with the older lclookup file staying on their system.

Hope to hear from you soon with good news.

Hi,

I can confirm that this has fixed the issue. I will keep the file handy just in case it happens again.

Thanks,

Daz

Good to  hear Daz.

Could you do me a favour and go to your Temp (Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp) folder and see if the FTX Global openLC Europe  Setup Log.txt is still there. If it's not there, not to worry.

Good to  hear Daz.

Could you do me a favour and go to your Temp (Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp) folder and see if the FTX Global openLC Europe  Setup Log.txt is still there. If it's not there, not to worry.

I will have a look when I get home, but I did do a disk clean up on the C: drive a couple of weeks ago which probably deleted the Temp folder.

Regards,

Daz

Archived