OpenLC EU - flashing, morphing tiles

BG2518

Doofus,

Thanks for this, I did try this and there was a slightly different file size (2k) but no difference to the result with Hybrib left on.

I actually think it should be OFF anyway and this seems to work fine.

Thanks again.

BG2518 - Bob.

Hey Doofus,

Please (if u can) try the run in to Bolzano airport from the south with global and hybrid ON.

Thats one of the locations where flashing/morphing takes place. It only happens in certain areas?

As I said, I can eradicate that from happening IF I turn hybrid OFF.

Only if you get time and/or are interested.

Cheers,

Hi Bob, I tried what you asked and took off from Bolzano, flew south down the valley a few miles and then flew back to Bolzano. I tried with hybrid mode ON and with it OFF. I had no problems at all, as mentioned above, getting my scenery library in the right order completely fixed the texture flash/flicker problem.

I wish I could help more but tinkering under the FSX bonnet (or hood!) isn't something I know much about. I'd be really surprised if your problem isn't scenery library related though as it looks so similar to what I had.

You just need a mod or dev to help out here. I can try to get a screenshot of my scenery library if you want to compare but all I did was follow the guide linked above.

Doofus,

You are a star for doing this for me.

I have a friend also who has exactly the same issue as me (he is a FSX user, I'm P3D BTW).

We've both carefully compared notes on the scenery.cfg positions and are both 100% sure of positioning plus we've both done the terrain.cfg reconfiguration process.

It's not so much a problem now with hybrib off, it's become more of a brain teaser.

SO, thanks again - if we ever figure it out I sure let you and all other know.

Cheers,

Archived