AVSIM Readers Choice Voting Started

Jay Kae

Nothing wrong with question 6 and nothing wrong with FSWC. It will improve all water textures including programs like REX.  Still waiting for their next version which sounds promising which will include DX10 compatibility

I'm a bit disappointed...  I voted and put in my e-mail address, but as yet, 10 minutes later, have not received an e-mail with the password...

How long did you guys have to wait for your passwords/e-mail?

Cheers,

The only problem with mutiple Orbx products is the votes may get strewn.  I voted for the full AU package, as that seems to be the best option, as I suppose most will vote for that one.

By the way I had nominated Gizmo's awesome HD repaint in the freeware other category, so if you're a fan of his AussieX HD work that would be a good place to put your vote.  ;)

Guest ollyau

I like the question ( 6 ??) that had only one choice - I wonder what'll win that category?

Was that the Best Freeware Environment Addon category :P?

Guest ollyau

With question 6 FSWC was the only freeware environment to get nominated, so naturally it will win. 

Yeah :P.

Go FSWC :P!

I don't understand the split between the Orbx products, especially the distinction between FTX scenery in general which actually includes Green, and then the AU Green choice on its own?? It seems they didn't proofread very will their questionnaire... Anyway, I chose the FTX Australian scenery, it seems to make more senses and hopefully the votes won't scatter between the two redudant entries...

I voted Orbx for the payware scenery (of course). However, for freeware scenery I voted for the 9dragons Kai Tak. Even though its for FS9, which I'm not using anymore, it is nevertheless an amazingly big project to be completely freeware. Therfore I feel that although the Orbx freeware airports are also great, 9dragons deserves the vote for the freeware part.

I'm hoping that others will also not just blindly vote for their favourite company for everything, but also consider other factors when it comes to freeware.

I'm a bit disappointed...  I voted and put in my e-mail address, but as yet, 10 minutes later, have not received an e-mail with the password...

I never received mine either. Then again my TPG email account has issues with some forums. Occasionally I'll hit a forum whose registration emails just never arrive. They're not in spam, not in my inbox, just gone. It's like they were never sent!

I had exactly this issue with the VOZ forum until JayKae manually activated my account!

Apparently it's a TPG problem that they refuse to recognise.

Archived