openLC causing blurry textures

Hello,

after installation and some flights I noticed that ground textures are not loading (in the whole world) and everything is looking very blurry. This only effects the textures outside airports or special scenery textures.

On my flight EDDM-CYUL I only had "sharp" textures over the ocean. Look on the picture to see what I mean.

If I deactivate openLC within the scenery library textures are loading. So I suppose I have to remove openLC. Maybe a later version will look better...sad but better removing then having such textures during flight.

aca2j9ja6.jpg

Without coordinates, any indication of what hardware you are running, which OS and or Graphic drivers or what settings or tweaks you have applied in the fsX.cfg, there isn't much I can comment on, so maybe you could provide some more info and we could look into it, atm it's guessing, which I'm not good at

Without coordinates, any indication of what hardware you are running, which OS and or Graphic drivers or what settings or tweaks you have applied in the fsX.cfg, there isn't much I can comment on, so maybe you could provide some more info and we could look into it, atm it's guessing, which I'm not good at

As posted no coordinates can be given as this occurs all over the world. Just had it at LPPT before I tested it at LOWW and EDDF and therefore as posted my flight was EDDM-CYUL.

My system specs are as follows:

• Windows 7 x64

8GB RAM

Intel i5 4670k (OC to 4,20GHz)

GeForce GTX 770 (with driver 337.88 WHQL)

For the FSX.cfg it's best to download them on dropbox. Of course there are tweaks applied but it's hard to write them all down if I would know them all after that long time ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vuq4xr7rma1mj5d/fsx.CFG

Hope that helps a bit...

@airbuspilot.

I have an older but very similar  system to yours and

after loading all the OpenLC areas, other than rearranging

the textures, as advertised, I experienced no change in

performance.

I have looked at your fsx.cfg file.

I recommend that you rename it to fsx.cfgOLD,

start FSX and let it build another.

Then choose your in game display settings,

making sure that you tick both anisotropic

and antialiasing.

If you have also installed Nvidia Inspector and

similarly "tweaked" the FSX profile, I suggest

that you select "restore to current defaults" and save it.

@Nick

your idea is nice but it did not help :/ I have also no idea why it happened so suddenly as I had before that blurry ground a very good working and sharp textures FSX. I was very happy....

Even if I use my current FSX.cfg and only defaul Nvidia profile with no change. It's very strange to be honest...suddenly from a sharp FSX to a blurry FSX :/

Did you remove the slew mode? Also the clouds seem blurried.... It's honestly difficult to think that with an i5 overclocked you get those results, my pc is only a 2,8 GHz and i see everything on focus with medium settings. Maybe you have something inside the pc that doesn't work well, if it's not due to the FSX.cfg then it's probably some hardware component that have to be substitued.

Hello i had the same issue and fixed it.

1. set ingameFPS to 30

2. edit your FSX.CFG and add this Eentry under Main Section:FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.40

Default is 0.33. Higher values will give FSX more time to load textures of coast from FPS, lower values give the simulation more time with danger of blurries.

Try it!!

Greetings Peter

Same trend here (also medium settting), though not as bad as in the picture. Opening the Task Manager, I can see that the remaining CPU cores - not the main FSX cpu core - now are working more intensively than before. Indicating a texture loading issue. Maybe increasing FFTF could be worth a try. Thanks for the tip.

BR

Anders

Okay guys...as I woke up today very early due the fact a wesp was in my room I decided to do another testflight from LOWW to LOWI.

I used the tweak by Peter as my FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION were set to 0.10. At all that gave a very small increase but during enroute cruise still blurry. After landing with light stutters I decided to remove FS Global 2010 and deactivate once again openLC.

Now loading is much faster and sharper. But the main hint is still to disable openLC from FS. So I will now let openLC deactivated and will install FS Global 2010 again. 

Now I only need to fix the problem that I'm not having any 3D trees...

Hello Airbuspilot,

I prefer Boing ;)

Joke beside.....

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION = 0.10 is very low with Danger of blurries!!!

Standard is 0.33 and i have 0.40 with frames locked 30 FPS ingame.

Now i have only blurries when i fly with 250 Knots very deep. (1000-2000 Ft.)

Greetings Peter

Hi,

Increasing FFTF to 0,4 did improve things. Now I only have blurred textures in in the more distant areas from the aircraft. Right below the aircraft they are very sharp. Increasing LOD- radius in the cfg from default 4,5 to 5,5 provided at notch more. I think that I can live with it now, provided that I still use an old rig.

BR

Anders

Due the fact your hints did not fix the problem 100% I decided to reinstall my complete FSX. It now fixed the 3D trees lost problem and the ground problem is now solved for maybe 90%.

Now it reloads much faster. But on my todays flight from LOWW-LGIR I had the problem again during approach onto LGIR. Not so worse like on the entry screenshot but still not nice. I also think it still is a problem of openLC.

I will do my backflight tomorrow with the Airbus again and then let openLC disabled to see what happen on approach to LOWW.

Maybe the developers can fix that in an upcoming patch?!

Yes fact is: OpenLC causes blurries. I think the computer hat to load much more textures as with FTXGlobal alone.

In my first flight i thinked "o god whats going on" and then i am staring experimenting with the entrys in the FSX.CFG.

and with my Settungs i have only blurries with about 230+ Knots and fly deep <5000ft.

Greetings Peter

and with my Settungs i have only blurries with about 230+ Knots and fly deep <5000ft.

Could you please post your fsx.cfg so I can compare it with mine?

maybe superfluous, but if you want a racing car to go faster you will need to invest disproportionately in relation to the speed gain, hence the system hardware maybe the the limitation you are running into

As said above I don't think my system is not good enough...Of course openLC looks better then only FTX Global but if OLC is causing these problems I better fly without to have a relaxed and nice approach.

Heureka i have it found. The key for sharp textures!!!

Fiber Frame is good, but

TextureMaxLoad=85 is the ultimate weapon against blurries.

Default was 45 in my CFG now i pushes it step by step to 85. And now i can fly with my Lancair Legacy in 3000Ft. with 250Knots without blurries !!!

Little blurries i have with this setting at 1500ft in 250knots.

if i go up to 3000Ft after a couple of seconds no blurries more to see.

My facts:

Framerate limited to 30

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION = 0.40

TextureMaxLoad=85

For information Purpose

My Rig: I7 2600k with 3,4 GHZ, 16 GIG DDR3 1600

Nvidia GTX 570 with 1280MB Ram

Greetings Peter

• 1 month later...

From my last post I made now several flights with OLC disabled. I did not get any blurry textures or long texture loading times.

Today I thought after a defrag of my HDD to enable OLC again. That was a fault...shortly after take off textures started to get blurry and loading time of the texures increased sooooo much. I will disable it and also remove it for my next flight. That will save some HDD space and my nerves.

Indeed it's a nice idea and a nice piece of software. But for me it's now useless. I still hope a possible patch/new version will fix that later. Till that I will continue flying with normal FTX Global+Vector with what I'm happy.

Just to be sure...I only need to remove the files EU2-EU10? Or are there any more files to be removed?

OpenLC EU does not cause blurry textures; that is your GPU/CPU being overloaded and as a result you're seeing lower mip maps of the ground textures being displayed.

You are better off reducing your autogen density settings to reduce the strain on your resources.

I've now done my backflight from Heathrow on nearly the same way and via same countries. As said I removed OLC and I now did not expect these prescribed problems.

Airbuspilot, you don't need to delete any files if you disable scenery in the Scenery Library.

But the main problem you seem to have could be an "overtweaked" FSX.cfg, as your hardware (provided it is OK and well configured) should be able to handle it. As JV said, the blurries come from too slow loading of the much higher number of texture sheets that you always have in an area with detailed custom landclass compared with stock FSX.

Of you have some other landclass files you could try if it runs well with them activated. If it does, there could be some problem with your OLC installation. Just to be sure - you did install all 4 packages of OLC-EU?

Of you have some other landclass files you could try if it runs well with them activated. If it does, there could be some problem with your OLC installation. Just to be sure - you did install all 4 packages of OLC-EU?

I installed all 4 packs as I'm not only flying in one region but more flying across whole Europe. My FSX.cfg is not that much tweaked. I'm only using some of the well know tweaks like HIGHMEMFIX etc. and also done that by myself and not via that strange site (I guess called ventubo??).

I'm not owning another landclass addon to test as FTX Global was working fine for me and it still works fine. Only problem is activating OLC which causes the problems described. I don't say that it is 100% ORBX fault or mistake but I just want to share my problems and hope for a fix. If no fix I will continue flying without...that will be no problem as FTX Global is a very well done product :)

Archived