Strange texture/scenery issues after LCEU

Hi everyone, I am fighting with some strange scenery behavior... see pic below over Germany. I have already re-done the terrain.cfg, re-arranged the library and de-activated or deleted most of the add-ons. It almost seems like something half way bleeding thru...

Appreciate any help!

textureissueslusag.jpg

I got exactly the same thing, world wide, as soon as I installed OLC Europe. This includes ORBX and default locations and is absolutely terrible in the PNG scenery where the whole jungle not covered by autogen trees takes on this appearance.  I've killed every bit of it I could find, made the cfg changes, affinity mask changes etc etc as suggested on the board and still this and the flashing, morphing tiles remain, the morphing tiles particularly near coast lines.

The thread about an "uninstaller" has not been resolved.

At this stage I couldn't care less about the $40 wasted, I'd just like my P3D back to the way it was before I installed this!! I'm now face reinstalling the whole of a 4 week old P3D installation that has nothing but stock and ORBX on it. A loyal, LONG time and prolific customer, I won't be adding any more OLC to my system any time soon.  

Darryl

I can add, that I encounter the same strange effect, similar to the "spraycan effect" in some painting programmes.

Here's one example over southern Germany (in the lower middle of the screenshot):

MtCZE.jpg

I find this problem quit often in this area.

However, I saw it already before installing Open LC, with some Global textures.

@Seems it only appears in areas where normally there should be a small town/village.... any idea from someone what could cause this and if it is resolvable?@

Interesting...but I am getting it in virgin jungle and WA wheatbelt as well, both of which areas I know well and in which there is definitely no housing etc...

I have flown hundreds of hours on global and haven't seen it before...so it looks like it is a highly variable problem!

No reply yet from them, so I guess this is not a priority...

Seems it only appears in areas where normally there should be a small town/village.... any idea from someone what could cause this and if it is resolvable?

Yes, exactly! I have also seen these textures in my local area, at places where there are some small villages missing.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting the same problem also, random blurry spottiness all over and everywhere.  Worst was flying along the Portuguese coastline...so fugly.  So unsure why they have not responded, this is a pretty big issue and they are usually pretty quick about getting back...oh well, I wish I could uninstall for now and just go bare FTX Global, but alas they have not responded to that either.  

Besides this issue (albeit a large issue) everything seems good except for random innacuracies which is to be expended for such a massive area to cover.

Hi ! is anyone from the Orb´x team able to give an assesment  to this issue ? or has anyone an opinion ? 

My Installation of P3D has no other addon installed as Orb X products. My Files are now actual but this issue ist still present...

Thank you for a reply from you !

Andy

Yep confirmed all OLC entries are below all other FTX entries.  At least for me, it is pretty pervasive throughout all of europe, I don't seem to have the issue in any other part of the world.  I have my FTX Central set to hybrid at all times since I fly all over.  Someone at ORBX who has P3D can try flying down the coast of portugal last time I flew in europe I recall it was pretty bad there?

The most Texture Issues are resulting from conflicts with other Sceneries e.g. UTX or some other Freeware or Payware Sceneries..and not from Open LC Europe.

Made a complete new FSX Installation..and now it looks perfect in every Pixel..no Blurries..absolutely sharp..better than ever!

If you have any Problems..nothing helps..no changes in the Scenery Library..no partly Reinstall of FtxGlobal, Vector or LC..no Tricks.

Just only an new Setup of your Simulator!

I have had time to test some configutations.

This is what I have with FTX Global Mode and not exactly but near the same in Europe mode

xhpm.jpg

and this this seems to be ok in  FTX Global Hybrid Mode

TnlS.jpg

but why should I use Hybrid Mode in Germany ?

I have tested all variations of scenery libary entries with no effect.

The location is near EDFY river lahn locking to the ICE and motorway bridge in Limburg City

but its everywhere around ...

Andy

Okay I took it for a run in the same place I saw the issue in P3D 2.2.  In 2.3 it's way worse!  Here are some screenshots as an example:  This is flying LPPT and flying south along portugal...the textures go crazy blurry, and it looks like things are fighting on whether it should be water and landing resulting in a puzzle piece look to everything.

Flying outside of europe everything is fine and I have no issues.

Since I like to fly in all difference places whenever I run P3D I have it set to FTX Global Hybrid Mode at all times.

This is P3D 2.3 with no config mods, I have validated my scenery.cfg, and no other scenery besides ORBX stuff, have the latest ORBX libs.  

I hope this helps you guys solve the problem, would love to fly around europe again.

3IRmGqE.jpg

DwCQRxg.jpg

uviH2UD.jpg

I have checked the Hybrid Mode variant and I can confirm skycruiser's findings:

The "spraycan effect" issue is gone with Hybrid Mode on!

If screenshots are needed for support issues, I can upload them later.

What I find also interersting: It seems so far only German users have reported the issue.

Can somebody please check, if it also occurs on other systems?

I have checked the Hybrid Mode variant and I can confirm skycruiser's findings:

The "spraycan effect" issue is gone with Hybrid Mode on!

If screenshots are needed for support issues, I can upload them later.

What I find also interesting: It seems so far only German users have reported the issue.

Can somebody please check, if it also occurs on other systems?

maybe a typical add-on used by the German users that others don't have ?

Hmm my issue is a littler different than "sraycan" effect and I use hybrid mode.  mine is more like what you see above almost like textures fighting each other and then really blurry low res textures in some places.  I might have to make a new thread since what I am seeing is a little different and I have no other scenery addons besides ORBX stuff and FS Global 2010 mesh

maybe a typical add-on used by the German users that others don't have ?

Hmm, I doubt it, as I have only some little freeware stuff besides my ORBX addons.

All my Aerosoft sceneries are waiting on the shelf since my fresh FSX reinstall...

After 10 Hours of installing and testing with a new setup and only a installation of base vector and LC I have the same result.

In German we say : " Das Faß ist jetzt voll"

I have enought from installing & deleting and and and ....

Its now time to supporting me !

It seems no one is realy interested in helping me and the other users .. only wolter, but he has only FSX

I gave you a lot of information and no one gave me realy an answer what is to do ....

Is this support from Orbx, the best developers i know .... for you it is so easy to ask me special details to confine the Problem

happy flying ( not installing)

Andy

Well Andy,

I fixed mine.....a total reinstall for P3D 2.3 and installed all but Europe LC. Now works perfectly and I've installed my old other scenery packages for European flying.

Scenery perfect, no morphing, no paint spray, no endless messing with scenery cfg and order, 30-90 FPS and no worries about support or lack thereof. And as a bonus

I will save hundreds on future LC releases. I'll get back to where the scenery was great, SP4 and Ozx

Time to enjoy some hard core flying rather than messing with the sim all the time and monitoring boards for the chance of a reply.

regards

Darryl

Yeah I'm at the point where I'm going to install and ONLY install 2.3, global, and LC and see what happens...I'll flip out if I get the same response as with 2.2 and 2.3, the only way I can get it to go away is turning Hybrid OFF but I prefer to keep Hybrid ON as (1) it is a valid option and (2) I like to bounce around and fly whereever I feel 

Hi all, many thanks for progressing this post - I am still on vacation doing a roadtrip across CA and flying back tmrw only. Seems no feedback from Orbx so far, which is disapponting to be honest.

Having seen that in the meantime P3D2.3 came out, I will do a clean install and see how it'll run once I am back and have some time to spend with the pc.

Having bought almost every scenery so far given the quality of work and support and having seen Monterey come ouot just after I have visited it 1.5 weeks ago making me eager to buy it - this lack of attention on the matter is bringing me to the point to hold any further purchase. It is such a pain to see this issue stay unattended (except for Wolter's kind support and our users' best effort testings).

Hoping to see some movement from the tech team on this rather sooner than later. Its such a good product and a shame to see this demotivating issue go unattended.

Hi all,

just a very quick update as I am still testing. Have installed P3D v2.3 today and then Global incl latest patch (and some meshes from ProMesh). Issue for now seems to be resolved, but I am going to install Vector and OLC_EU (and other add-ons from OrbX) to see if the issue appears at some point.

Will revert back.

Hi guys,  just spotted this thread and read with much interest.  I'd be happy to check this problem on my sim in P3Dv2.3.   I just set up a new PC and only have FTXGlobalBase 1.20, Pilots2010Mesh (FTX version), Vector 1.15 and OpenLC EU installed.   I was hoping for some coordinates to get an exact location to check if I see the same.

EDIT

I started P3Dv2.3 (not patched but straight install) and went to LPPT with Hybrid mode checked and applied in FTXCentral for P3D.  Looking around all the urban areas I can't see any odd textures or spray can effect as shown on earlier screenshots.  I then flew all the way down the coast to LPFR. (see screenshot at PPFR area) and didn't see anything amiss.

I have a plain vanilla P3Dv2.3 with only the above FTX sceneries installed, nothing else, not even an add on aircraft yet!  No tweaks to any cfg's either.  Only thing I can think of is that when I first set up the PC and installed P3Dv2.3 I had the latest video drivers from Nvidia and I did see terrible textures morphing and looking crazy.  I downloaded the previous version from their website, installed them and the texture problem went away.  Only then did I install any FTX products.

Not sure if this of any help but it's a confirmation that something is not right in your sim and that the pure FTX OpenLC EU files shouldn't be causing you problems. Must be a combination of things mabe?

uiFHX.jpg

Hi everyone,

thought I should post some screenshots regarding findings.

So, having installed everything from scratch in the below order, ie

- P3D v2.3

- Global 1.2

- Vector 1.15

- OLC_EU

No other add-ons from OrbX or anyone else, other than some meshes. FTX Central has "hybrid" and "vector road lights" unchecked.

Nvidia drivers are: 337.88

I confirm that the "spraycan" effect is gone.

The most noticeable and already noted issue (in this forum in other threads) is the impact OLC_EU has on the layout of what we see, ie the limitations of resolution that can be applied re grid/layout.

Referring to the EDDF area I used to show the spraycan effect, here are some comparisons:

1 - the EDDM area with the spraycan effect I noticed before the re-install

3_eddm_spraycan1zpp4.jpg

Now after the new install:

2 - Global and Vector only

1globalandvector_onlyy8pxu.jpg

3 - Global and Vector AND OLC - you notice the small towns have disappeared... BUT - no more spraycan effect.

2glo_vc_olc6qlohg.jpg

Another example from the town I grew up at - also comparing with VFR Germany 2:

1 - Global&Vector

1_ue_glo_vc_only57pql.jpg

2 - Global&Vector AND OLC

3_ue_global_vc_olcv6p2n.jpg

3 - Global,Vector,OLC VS. VFR Germany

One notices the differences, but also has to admit how accurate Vector is (except for one former main street that now disappeared? - but not for this thread). Again, small villages are cut down or out altogether all around. Too bad it also hits the village of my parents - they are not THAT old! ;)

2_ue_globalandphotolgooz.jpg

My summary:

Spraycan effect must have come from some sort of interference and is gone after the new install, although I need to monitor if it appears following any other regions/airports from OrbX or other developers.

Archived