OpenLC Europe - Night lighting problem

HI guys,

Installed OpenLC EU and it seems to have effected my 3d night lighting in towns/cities.

I now appear to only have major roads with autogen night lighting; I have double checked that everything is activated in the Vector configuration manager. (This is flying over Edinburgh, Scotland btw)

I've lost all my "street" lighting - it now looks like the night textures of FTX regions before they were converted to the new 3d style night lighting.

t8x4wz.jpg

Also when trying to set the scenery library insertion point of the OpenLC EU entries further down the list it simply wont do it, it always puts them right back at the top.

2z3yt6g.jpg

I have had this exact problem. What i have found is my issue is only for the UK.  I have tested in all different country's with the landclass enabled and all the night lighting is there. Move back to the UK and nothing.

in fact the only way i can get the night lighting back in the uk is too disable OPENLC_EUROPE10 in the scenery.

I though it may have been an issue with a conflict between FTX england and the new LC files. I removed FTX England and no improvement.  So im at a complete loss why the EUROPE10 LC file wipes out all the lovely night lighting.

Hope someone can help

I have had this exact problem. What i have found is my issue is only for the UK.  I have tested in all different country's with the landclass enabled and all the night lighting is there. Move back to the UK and nothing.

in fact the only way i can get the night lighting back in the uk is too disable OPENLC_EUROPE10 in the scenery.

I though it may have been an issue with a conflict between FTX england and the new LC files. I removed FTX England and no improvement.  So im at a complete loss why the EUROPE10 LC file wipes out all the lovely night lighting.

Hope someone can help

I've noticed the same; just to make sure there was no conflict I uninstalled all the FTX UK regions but still the same.

As far as I can see it looks like the OpenLC textures for the UK have just been "copy and pasted" from the FTX UK regions, I'm a bit miffed about this to be honest as they weren't particularly great in the first place (not SIM720's finest work) - and these hadn't been updated with the new 3d night lighting yet, so I'm thinking it might be something to do with this?

Waiting till Monday now to hear from Orbx devs regarding this?

Correct, but don't be "miffed". There are some original FTX England textures in openLC EU (just as there are thousands of textures from all our other regions in it), and those England ones don't yet have the new FTXG lighting attached.

This will be added in upcoming service packs for both FTX England and openLC EU.

I'd love to post some screenshots of what I'm seeing on the south coast of England with openLC Eu and England installed but this interface is just so difficult I just CANT ???

It's not good I'm afraid, the coastline has an extreme blue hue to it and I just don't know what on earth has happened.

I can only assume that the "new" openLC textures for water to these areas including river edges etc are incompatible with England.

Please if anyone knows how I can upload my screenshots to demonstrate this then do tell !!

Plus if you think you know what I'm saying because you too see the same then any help in understanding and/or fixing this would be good.

I get the feeling this may be associated with Rex Texture Direct also ??

Is openLC EU compatible with Rex's product.

Oh and finally, I am using P3D v2.2 if that helps upset the mix ?

Many thanks to any help from anyone.

BG2518 - Bob.

That screenshot is showing the inland mud flats from FTX England so select "Europe" in FTX Central to see the full-fat FTX region.

Also, your issue has piggy-backed the original topic about FTX night lighting, please always start your own support topic for non-related issues.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived