Puttering around old POPE AFB, Orbx Global & Vector

Bushmonkey

Wait, 'former' Pope AFB? It has closed?

Airforce moved out. A-10s went somewhere else. Use to love watching them takeoff and on final over school I teach at. Theres a C-130 squadron left that we are trying to save. Pope got turned over to the army a few years back.

Still get to see the C-17s, C-130s, takeoff. Its awesome when they flyover my teaching hut on the climbout and approach. Especially when about 6 C-130s takeoff in a row one behind the other. 

Paul

Still that is where the Special Operations guy operate out of, though. I wouldn't think those guys are going anywhere, with Fort Bragg right there, 82nd Airborne and all that. Kinda hard to run a decent airborne division without C130s to jump out of.

So what do they call it now? Joint Base Pope-Bragg or something goofy like that?

EDIT: Ah I see, it is now Pope Army Airfield.

Great shots. Nice'n nasty looking bird.

It looks like you are enjoying your new bird Paul .

Cheers

Brad

These are a great set Paul.

cheers

Iain

Very nice set there Paul

Still that is where the Special Operations guy operate out of, though. I wouldn't think those guys are going anywhere, with Fort Bragg right there, 82nd Airborne and all that. Kinda hard to run a decent airborne division without C130s to jump out of.

So what do they call it now? Joint Base Pope-Bragg or something goofy like that?

EDIT: Ah I see, it is now Pope Army Airfield.

Great set of shots!!

Well done!!!

O0

Great set and piece of kit :)

Perfect set , great plane......Well done Paul  ::)

Thanks for the comments

Paul

Archived