Future FTX Regions

I know New England has been mentioned as being among Orbx's future FTX regions, and as excited as I may be for Southern California and other regions, I was wondering if Orbx is considering going to the Far East for any regions.  I personally think Japan would be an excellent place to see given the FTX treatment.  It is about the same size as New Zealand, it has a good deal of stunning terrain, and a large number of airports with commercial serve quite close together.  It would be an excellent location for airline simulation, short hops, hour long flights in a full 747, that sort of thing. What are the chances of this?

601px-Satellite_View_of_Japan_1999.jpg

I'm pretty sure there's an active Japanese scenery group that makes quality payware for Japan, perhaps not quite ORBX's standard or style but quite good I believe.  Might be worth checking out.  When I was reviewing scenery for Simflight or Flightsim I was given their Tokyo scenery, it was FS4 but very good.  I remember they had several regions in the pipeline.

There is some photoreal stuff for Tokyo but ORBX is landclass-based. Different animal. Plus those are summer textures only.

I agree with the OP -- Japan would be a nice ORBX FTX region, though nobody is holding their breath. US and European regions are where is at for the foreseeable future, anyway.

I would love to see FTX Japan, and have said so before... it has so much going for it, in terms of landscape, and urban interest, plus, its different to anything that has gone before.

The issue may be the lack of local interest, with few Japanese simmers and therefore less interest (and sales) than Oz, USA and Europe.... but I might (and hope) be wrong.

Wouldn't Hawaii be a relatively quick region since it's quite tiny? It's size would leave a lot of room open for really subtle details and photoreal areas, maybe even the whole area around and between the islands covered in watermask. C'mon ORBX, Hawaii would be a gold mine. The Coolsky DC-9 didn't come with a Hawaiian Airlines repaint for nothing! 

Hello there,

I recently registered to start learning about ORBX and moving to something newer than FS9. I am presently working on what specs I should aim for for my new computer.

Unfortunately, I have not yet had the opportunity to purchase any Orbx software. Once my transition is complete, I will probably buy about a dozen pieces at least to begin (mainly UK, NZ, and Europe). I would, however, like to add my voice to those proposing an "Orbx Japan" Region. I am sure that most of the guys I know here (about 50 or so in Japan at least) would snap it up the minute it was out, not to mention the countless flyers whose interest would be piqued by such a region.

If possible, please give it a go.

In the meantime, I look forward to joining the Orbx world as soon as I can!

Neil

I would love to see FTX Japan.  I have lived there years ago, and it is a very beautiful country.  FTX Global certainly helps alot.  

Another FTX region high on my list would be the Greece, along the whole Aegean and Ionian Sea areas   Heck the whole Italy, Adriatic, Baltics would be awesome in FTX full fat regions.

Cheers

TJ

+1 on the Southern Rockies. Some of the Prettiest and most challenging flying happens in Idaho, Utah, Wyoming and Colorado. Not sure why

anyone from Orbx wold overlook these States as a Full Region. I Hope to see these Sooner than later.  

Well I am hoping for Papua New Guinea one day, I think the scenery would be just perfect,with some hard bush flying to be had. Another developer did touch base with PNG,but it was not up to an Orbx standard in any way.I am a big fan of Asia, but PNG would tickle my Pickle.

Archived