You guys are worse than that super hot girl in high school in terms of teasing... :( I've so far got about 20 new VFR and IFR flight plans I've been making that depart from CYSE to various destinations in BC and Washington state. :) This is going to be epic.

You guys are worse than that super hot girl in high school in terms of teasing... :( I've so far got about 20 new VFR and IFR flight plans I've been making that depart from CYSE to various destinations in BC and Washington state. :) This is going to be epic.

Maybe you want to share your flight plans?

Great shots, so this is not a shot at you, but a thought.

The greens are too dominant in the palette for me.

I read somewhere that if you go into the nVidia Control Panel and turn gamma off, this strong effect is greatly reduced to a more 'normal' colour range.

I read somewhere that if you go into the nVidia Control Panel and turn gamma off, this strong effect is greatly reduced to a more 'normal' colour range.

Phil's shots look like they were shot in the Spring season Ian.

The combination of PR and autogen do have a stronger green appearance at this season. You will see dramatic color changes from season to season at Squamish. Summer dries out a bit, Fall goes very colorful. Winter deciduous trees lose foliage and hard winter just looks flat cold.

The nVidia gamma tweak can be used, along with color vibrance. Dont' turn gamma off. Rather, make small moves with the slider to suit your taste.

Any idea when this will be in the store?

We have five out of six approvals from the beta team. Only need one P3Dv2 green to go hot.

Have a look on the ORBX home page, you'll see Squamish ready to go live.

Everyting is ready to go in the box once we get the last vote.

Gordon's correct of course, these are springtime shots where everything really is VERY green in this corner of the world. When the Navy first brought me here over 10 years ago I was surprised how much green there is in spring, nothing like my home desert of southern Idaho. ;)

I also have SweetFX enabled, which really makes the colors pop off the screen. If anyone is interested in getting this SweetFX profile, check here (no, there is no FPS loss as it's just palette manipulation, not SMAA or FXAA injection): http://simtweak.com/

Having lived most of my life on the West (Wet Coast) in the CYYJ, CYVR and CS8 regions I can attest to two things - 1) the color is indeed that of a spring foliage.. the contrasts from near to far in terms of coloring is absolutely perfect, in the distance, on the west coast trees take on a deep purple/green to near black/green hue  and 2) This looks pretty damn real to me. I cannot wait I suspect that this week it will be out all these cheap teases have been to much....seiku, tipella, squamish flights will be much more fun.....

Not corrected, just informed. :)

Winter to Spring is almost like an instantaneous transition around here. One day all the "real" trees are still leafless, the ferns are tiny, and the birds are dormant; then the next day the cherry trees are all blossoming in union, the "real" trees are covered in leaves, the ferns are 300% of their size the day before and the birds won't shut up.

It's either magic or I'm losing track of time as I get older... ;)

Archived