Aus Circumnaved PT1

VAL067

Hi guys... Well with my obsession on circumnavigating land masses i thought it was about time that i tried my homeland..so over the last four days i have flown around this great country in an epic journey which took me back to places i have been and places i have never seen. I started my journey from my home strip YSRI (Richmond R.A.A.F Base) and did a clockwise route.I chose my A2A P-51 Mustang with the repaint by Seedify who has done a wonderful job on Glam Girl with extra shine,decals and the cockpit detail is exquisite. I was considering taking the B-17 but had second thoughts because the co-pilot is a bit of a dick."Captain we have some music on the radio" was going to annoy the hell out of me by the time i was finished.Most of my trip was kept below 10,000 ft but did go to 20,000 ft across the two Gulf regions because of visibility and fuel concerns..I kept my flying to the day with early dawn departures and determined my desto by the amount of fuel i had and how i was feeling. I used Real weather updates,Real time and no fuel cheats and that was my only criteria. I also did not use any Nav aids(VOR, NDB) just map and compass headings. GPS was there on standby but only as another reference.. My aim was to complete this journey and screen shots took a low priority and were only there to document my journey but in the end i think i ended up with over a 100 which i have edited down to just 47..or there about so i will break it up into parts so i don't hog this page.Felt a great sense of accomplishment when i finally landed back at YSRI and seeing those mountains in the background where my home sits made it all the more special..I will also include a RL photo of YSRI as seen form my balcony so you get to understand what motivates my love of flying whether its RL or just Simulated. Hope you enjoy..

DAY 1 YSRI (Richmond)-YMTG (Mt Gambier)

Departure Day.. leaving YSRI early dawn, weather is crap and I follow the Hawkesbury River and punch through for the coast just south of Pittwater then right hand turn past Sydney and down the South coast. Drama unfolds in Hydraulic pressure failing so a quick stopover in Cooma to repair..Get back in the air and head for Victoria with weather still crap my goal was to get to an Airport just before the Great Australian Bite to refuel and plan for my next leg across the Bite as it happens just fell a bit short of what i would have liked but you cant fight the fuel gauge.

PLuUY.png

yUHso.png

dcNFw.png

NzK5w.png

wA3rK.png

qEdkh.th.png  eBZp0.th.png dxVeX.th.png FUPqC.th.png XfYk.th.png syjDu.th.pnguSeF.th.png vjct.th.png

Very nice shots.

I've been thinking about a series of connected flights and was interested to see how you approached yours, especially the decision to fly in real-time. Certainly makes it a bigger undertaking, but more rewarding, I imagine? Also, out of curiosity, do you hand fly or use some auto pilot? I guess I'm assuming the A2A P51 has auto pilot, I don't own it so I'm not sure...

Thanks.

Hey mate..yes I used auto pilot for some stretches and taking screen shots.. But the fun of it was hitting the z button as soon as you saw something of interest and the P51 is a beast so any valley or long stretch of beach found me diving down and tearing it up.. Always hand flew it for all my approaches and landings aswell..which were mostly crosswind..I think my last two landings were the only ones that weren't. Just the way the weather worked out.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Very nice shots indeed.

Re: that first shot leaving YSRI, I have ORBX AU (x4) and have never seen the approach lights from the Windsor end ! What settings are you running or maybe I've not landed there in the dark ! :)

If you live in the Blue Mtns and can see YSRI from your balcony you might be fairly close to us at Kurrajong.

I am mate just near Kurrajong on Bowen Mtn i face NE so runway is right there at 1500 ft elevation i feel like im on approach every time i look at it. You should get the lights at Windsor end as i find this most time i log on to active runway. Im using Rex and the very small lights though i must say i noticed some doubling in the shots i took and this was the most decent one.

Archived