Campbell River Mesh Issue

Yardreamer

I noticed on a post by Orbxtreme of Campbell River  Gone Fishing  the spit mesh is correct and after inquiring if it was FSX  Global or PNW I was informed it was FSX PNW. When on my Computer  the mesh is incorrect see Screen shot  

Dreamer

jOL0o.jpg

jvVSt.jpg

It doesn't look like a mesh issue to me... Mesh is nothing more than the 3D shape of the hills and valleys and has nothing to do with the textures being displayed.

What it does look like is a missing photorealistic area... Have you installed ALL the patches for PNW in the correct order, and with North America selected in FTX Central?

That is interesting Holgar , I have been setting up my new rig and last night I just installed NA-PNW . No other scenery installed and I show the same as Francois in shot #2 . I am using FSGenesis mesh along with Pilot's "The America's" and Vector 1.15 .

Brad

Me again,

sorry, time to backpedal.... Turns out that it's not a photoreal area but rather, in fact, some carefully placed polygons in PNW that appear like that from a distance, probably because of the nicely blended waterclass texture at the river's mouth.

In other words: the second screenshot is what PNW SP8 should look like and the first one, with full forest cover, is incorrect. It might be an earlier version of PNW or some other landclass add-on that overwrites the local files (though the latter seems unlikely given that the surrounding areas are identical in the screenshots).

Cheers, Holger 

Archived