Postacards from Idaho

farman

Very realistic... I lived in Idaho long enough to know it does get cold there! lol

Great shots.

Thank you,

Tom Wunder

Hi Tom,

I just wandered if there could be so much snow in April. I use to fly Always with actual Y/M/D and weather.

Good question Farman,

I remember snow on Mother's Day once when we were living in Boise but that didn't amount to much. I've seen a few inches in late April around my in-law's place around Archer. We often get our worst snows in April here in the greater Denver area. I think they call it an "upslope" where a wet storm will bypass us to the South then hit the warm/wet air over the gulf and bounce back at us from the East. I remember one year when in mid April I couldn't see my six foot fence in the backyard for the snow drifts. But this is Colorado not Idaho.

Thanks again for the great shots,

Tom Wunder

Greetings folks,

To answer Farman's question - yes indeed there still can be that much snow on the ground. We finally had the rains wash it off my yard this weekend and today at 0900, when I was heading for Lewiston, there was an inch of new snow... The roads were clear at 0530 when I walked the dogs!

I believe that the Potlatch Lumber folks stated we still had 5ft of snowpack on Elk Butte, just east of ID85.

Respectfully,

Brian

Archived