Reflections

Ken487

I've seen a lot of talk about the cloud shadows in P3Dv2, and it's true, they are very immersive.  But the thing that really knocked my socks off is the water reflections. If you like flying low and slow, the water reflections really turn up the immersion level.

Here's some screenies from the Seward area in SAK to show you what I mean.

2JlM.jpg

4O2wZ.jpg
WdjIA.jpg

W3PM.jpg

As4KP.jpg

They really are quite impressive, especially when combined with vegetation, terrain and cloud shadows. One thing you will also notice is the fact that when using hardware tessellation to render terrain mesh, the topography of mountains appear *MUCH* more complex and defined.

Great shots. :)

They really are quite impressive, especially when combined with vegetation, terrain and cloud shadows. One thing you will also notice is the fact that when using hardware tessellation to render terrain mesh, the topography of mountains appear *MUCH* more complex and defined.

Great shots. :)

+1 - Great examples Ken .

Brad

Really?  I thought the scenery reflections were new to P3D, I didn't know you could do that in FSX.

My error, I misinterpreted the post and now realize my mistake. The reflections in P3D are not available in FSX  with DX10. These are great screen shots and they inspired me to upload a set of my own. You will find it in the thread labeled Flying the Dawn Patrol at Orcas Island.

Sherm

Archived