KSEA beneath a plateau?

RickSinGA

I have no idea if this is the right forum or not?

All of a sudden it appears as though my airports have changed altitudes.

KSEA is under a plateau with deep crevices running across it.  I can see pieces of runways as the crevices cross them.  Sitting at the end the runway all I see is a wall of dirt?  When approaching KSEA from a distance everything looks normal until I get a few miles from the airport, then it all changes and the runways disappear.

I have no idea what I have done. 

Rick S.

Okay, that fixed KSEA but I am curious what made that happen in the first place?  I am not aware of any 3rd part airport addon's, I have never purchased any that I am aware of.

Secondly, it could just be fat fingers, but when I disabled KSEA the tool also disabled KSMD in Indiana? 

Thanks

Rick S.

I see from you signature that you have FTX PNW installed... 

Because all the airports within PNW have been adjusted and upgraded (as per the usual FTX full region standard), all airports within a full region are indeed 3rd party upgrades... The 3rd party being Orbx ;)

The easiest way to think of it is this... If it's NOT pure, un-adjusted FSX default, then AEC should be disabled... Simply because upgraded/updated airports, whether based on the standard FSX airport model or a fully upgraded payware rendition, usually contain corrected elevation data as part of the new airport. Best to let those upgraded airports handle their own elevation.

I also see a lot of FTX payware airports in your signature... Don't forget that these are also 3rd party addons too... You run more 3rd party airports than you think ;)

This seems to be really a problem because we have to adjust all airports in AEC wether they are covered 

by some addon or not to achieve proper results. The idea to cover certain areas of the world by addons 

such as Orbx PNW and the rest of the world by FTX Global is a difficult task.

Cheers 

Andreas

Now I am confused? 

Are you telling me that we have to adjust Orbx/FTX airports too?  Anything inside of any Orbx/FTX region?

If that is true, and I certainly hope I misunderstood, then I have to disable every airport west of the Rockies.

I sure hope I have it wrong.

thanks

Rick S.

Okay, just the addon's or any airport within the ORBX/FTX regions?

I would think they would make automatic adjustments for their own airports?

I get it that I may have to adjust other vendor airports.

Thanks

Rick S.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

as mentioned in a couple of other threads the next update of Vector will include some type of option to quickly deal with Orbx regions and airports at once.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

Nice to hear from you. In this case, one should annotate each and every field excluded from AEC and reactivate them after the next Vector installation? After many years using FlightSim, now I write a journal in which I keep track of each thing I install, tweak or remove.  This hobby (we still call it a hobby...) keep us 90% twaeking and 10% flying...

Regards,

Archived