Hasty Close-video sound

boleyd

I believe John was a bit hasty closing off the topic about sound on videos. He focused on developer or commercial videos, as did the original author. However, we have a very large number of non-commercial videos around that bear the same criticisim.

Music is a personal choice and often it is annoying to some. The "thump-thump" current crop of music is what I turn off. However, watching in silence is not all that interesting as well.

So, I agree with the original author that the actual sounds of the flight are quite important. People truely spend money to hear the various sounds of an aircraft in a variety of circumstance. So, I vote for videos, commercial or amateur, to use real sounds while depicting real flight.

Sorry, I will not at 90%. another reason is that the sound quality of some aircraft when recorded via FRAP is simply horrible.

Also, music is part of any movie since I can remember. It's a personal choice and anyone as the opportunity to turn the sound off.

A lot of my vid are on ORBX product page and most have music. That said, I think that they have a little something against me lately.... :ph34r:

I still love their product.

Ben

The OP as a point for one thing: If your trying to sell a plane I kind of agree, but for a scenery, it's up to the guys who spend hours making it. It's a personal preference. Most video on ORBX product page come from customers. They like it, they put it. Many other companies in many other field put customer video on their site. MOst of them are pubic on Youtube anyway.

For those like me, who spend countless hours doing so it's a hobby within a hobby. It's a form of art in a way and ORBX is an art by itself.

And anyway this subject was talked about in the past and it changed nothing.

Ben

Archived