Prepar3D V2.1 - KBLI Bellingham to CYYJ Victoria

Rob Ainscough

Thank you sir, I'm slowly getting better with the Twotter ... winds happened to be mild according FSGRW only about 4-5kts surface with some mild chop coming in over water.

specs i7 3960X @ 4.8Ghz, 32GB RAM @ 2133Mhz, Titan SC 6GB, 3TB SSDs (SATA6)

Cheers, Rob.

Nice home Dylan!  Great place to have a home.  So much to explore ...

On a side note: it's funny, whenever I post my video links on the forums, I'll always get an immediate dislike on YouTube with zero watch time ... I wonder if that person knows dislikes are traceable and part of my YouTube analytic?  Looks like I've got a hate filled stalker ... hehehe  

Thank you sir, I'm slowly getting better with the Twotter ... winds happened to be mild according FSGRW only about 4-5kts surface with some mild chop coming in over water.

specs i7 3960X @ 4.8Ghz, 32GB RAM @ 2133Mhz, Titan SC 6GB, 3TB SSDs (SATA6)

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks for the specs robains. I am considering what to upgrade to at the end of the year. I am waiting somewhat to see what may come with the next gen GTX cards but if not then the Titan is looking really good for the GPU and 6 VRAM. What are the specs on your memory?

Thanks for the specs robains. I am considering what to upgrade to at the end of the year. I am waiting somewhat to see what may come with the next gen GTX cards but if not then the Titan is looking really good for the GPU and 6 VRAM. What are the specs on your memory?

The current i7-4960x is about 7-10% faster than my 3960x, but nVidia and Intel will be coming out with new desktop CPU/GPUs sometime this year ... with 4K monitors dropping drastically in price, I think it's going to be a great year for Flight Sim hardware.  If you can hold out ... :)

RAM specs: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233306

GPU specs: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130899

Cheers, Rob.

Great video....curious what you use to record... as Dylan pointed out great job flying me home.....that's where I am originally from in a round about way......actually from a 75 miles north as the crow flies at the end of a long inlet..... CBS8 - fun little field to fly out of on to CYQQ or Tofino....

Hi Greg,

I'm using age old Fraps ... it seems to work well for me, not too big of a hit on fps while recording 2560 x 1600 @ 30 fps.

CBS8/CYQQ ... will have to look into those areas, I enjoy flying regions from other's real world experience.

Cheers, Rob.

Hello again Rob and thanks for the video.

You mention in the YT comments about setting the Fiber_Frame_Time_Fraction to 0.10 ; is this a recommendation from LM for SSD owners or just a setting you have experimented with?

Also (sorry), in your virtual travels have you ever seen airport elevation issues in P3D v2.1?

As an example KDEN seems to be lower than the surrounding area (getting cliffs) so I disabled both FTX Vector and FS Global Ultimate in the scenery library.

In fact I disabled all entries except the default but the plateaus remain.

Next up is a P3D repair I think!

Hello again Rob and thanks for the video.

You mention in the YT comments about setting the Fiber_Frame_Time_Fraction to 0.10 ; is this a recommendation from LM for SSD owners or just a setting you have experimented with?

Also (sorry), in your virtual travels have you ever seen airport elevation issues in P3D v2.1?

As an example KDEN seems to be lower than the surrounding area (getting cliffs) so I disabled both FTX Vector and FS Global Ultimate in the scenery library.

Next up is a P3D repair I think!

This is from my experimentation, not an LM recommendation.

I'll check KDEN, but I I'm confused ...  FS Global 2010 Ultimate FTX Edition is a mesh so it should correct?  If not, then it's likely all three (Vector, FS Global, P3D) are getting the same bad data from the same source.  I'd suggest you hit up PILOTS or Orbx for adjustments and let them know the location, it's more likely you'll get a fix for KDEN from them soon than LM.

Here is a quick video from 2.2 beta of KDEN ... the airport is higher than the surrounding area.  But suggest you look at this thread here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/75538-about-vector-airport-issues-you-can-help-if-you-wish/

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jadvw0ktR2c

Hi Rob,

thanks for sharing. As always it was a pleasure to watch :) Few questins about your P3D2.2 vid was that on purpose to choose clear skies and the standard F36 and did you keep your old settings? Ah was it a clean install no add on test? Thanks :)

Archived