Sunny scotland

Stillwater

According to our sim, it should still be winter up there in the north. I hope that reality matches this instruction. Taking off from Stornoway...

Sa2bf.jpg

... across Kylesku bridge, famous, because "it was opened by the Queen on 8 August 1984 at 10.05am, accompanied by Princess Margaret. It was the first bridge the Queen had opened in Scotland since the Forth Road Bridge in September 1964." (if you ever wanted to know it.)

nb9vy.jpg

Impressive - is this Arkle mountain?

WCLdX.jpg

Less impressive: The Dounreay nuclear experiment zone. Quite a pity that one often has to read sentences like "Historically much of Dounreay's nuclear waste management was poor. ... predicted that more problems will be encountered from old practices at the site as the decommissioning effort continues. Some parts of the plant are being entered for the first time in 50 years. // ... allowing nuclear fuel particles to be released into the sea, ... . Due to the uranium and plutonium held at the site, it is considered a security risk ..." about such areas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dounreay).

5j1t0.jpg

Flotta LPG terminal:

1A4Bq.jpg

Kirkwall:

tTB6X.jpg

Sanday Island with the windmills and jetty of Loth:

F0qjk.jpg

EAZf9.jpg

On final to Sumburgh (default FTX):

8DuX7.jpg

A king under kings. Obviously the right choice of aircraft here.

hXsiO.jpg

Super shots Gerold!

Early spring's sunlight really reflects nicely in these white winterscapes here!

And:

Quite a pity that one often has to read sentences like "Historically much of Dounreay's nuclear waste management was poor.

A pity indeed.

Thank you for the motivation, mates!

Smashing set these Gerold.

cheers

Iain

Absolutely stunning images.

Grand set of shots Gerold .
Cheers
Brad

Really nice shots and pertinent info!

Enjoyed the flight and your commentary!!!!! Super shots too.

I always learn a lot when I retrieve data on the ORBX waypoints. Thanks to the company!

Looks similar to what is seen in Canada's Northwest Territories in early spring. Nice shots, I really like 9 and 10 the most.

Indeed, I also thought of that area. Great, isn´t it?

Great shots and thanks for the trip!

Super shots Gerold!

Early spring's sunlight really reflects nicely in these white winterscapes here!

And:

Quite a pity that one often has to read sentences like "Historically much of Dounreay's nuclear waste management was poor.

A pity indeed.

Archived