No NA AI Traffic?

Benny

Hey guys, since a wile, well I think I don't see any other plane flying in NA, not even moving on the ground.

My traffic slider are set to about 30-40 for both general and airline. I have ORBX NA traffic.

I'm I missing something or I live on a dead planet ::)

Ben

I've been having the same issue since I installed NA GA AI Traffic (and all patches). My GA slider is at 100, but the traffic is nonexistent. So is the airline traffic. Even while flying around KRDD I came across only one other aircraft flighing into the field. I must have messed something up.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Just a couple of points here. the FTX NA GA AI Traffic pack is limited in scope only covering the PNR and PFJ FTX Regions plus the airports on KRDD Redding and O85 Benton. Some AI traffic may also be seen at a few other nearby airports but this would be quite limited. As a check to see if the traffic pack is working, set your AI traffic sliders 100% and go to one of these locations.

As has been mentioned on numerous times in these forums, the only thing that will stop AI traffic from these FTX packages once the files are correctly installed, is the presence of a single FS9 traffic file. FS9 Traffic files have a different structure to FSX ones and FSX will always suppress the FSX one when a FS9 one is encountered.

There are many FS9 traffic packages around but the main ones are the WOAI freeware AI traffic releases.

As has been mentioned on numerous times in these forums, the only thing that will stop AI traffic from these FTX packages once the files are correctly installed, is the presence of a single FS9 traffic file.

Also keep in mind that the FTX NA AI control panel has a check box to disable the default FSX AI traffic. I believe this is checked by default when you install the pack.

For anyone keen enough to play with a program, there's a freeware program called GA Traffic (think I got it at Avsim or Flightsim) and it will populate every airport in the world with GA AI.  In its default install it would probably interfere with ORBX traffic, however it has a control panel where regions and cities or airports can be excluded, which I assume would leave the ORBX traffic intact in the excluded areas.

Might have a p[lay myself but atm it's low priority!

• 3 weeks later...

I am experiencing this as well... I have no other traffic addons, however FTX NA AI only worked right after the install... It stopped working, and I un-installed and re-installed it and it worked again, however, the very next time I booted up FSX, there was no FTX AI Traffic again. I can see some of the aircraft models on the ground, but they do not move, and there is no airborne traffic at all. Even when tuning ARTCC or TRACONs, it is silent except when they are talking to me. Also where is the "FTX NA AI control panel" located when it is installed, because it allowed me to configure it directly after install, but now I can no longer find it anywhere.

Archived