-= NCA Airports Roadmap =-

John Venema

• 2 weeks later...

back to Auburn Muni a second..this airport is "just a muni" as one might say..but its very very busy on most every weekend..many clubs use Auburn as a mid-way point,or ending point for "poker runs" or other flying contests,,the reason its either midway or the final stop is that there is a restaurant called "Wings" that is very popular,and well known in northern california.they have excellent food and service,and there is an outside eating space with around 10 large tables which sits literally next to the main ramp ,if you are a showoffy type,,you could taxi up the the patio ,de-plane and three or four steps and you are at your table.  

auburnWings_zpsee8cf508.jpg

Taylor Areo car was based in Auburn for 4 or 5 years,,right next to Wings

100_1385_zps13d3f029.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good to see Blue Canyon-Nyack is on the list.  In Daveroo's post the amateur astronomical observatories can be seen on the right side of the aircraft parking area.  The aircraft parking area is marked off with spaces for temporary set up of telescopes. The Sacramento Valley Astronomical Society holds star parties at the airport.  If you want to know more about activites at the airport they have details at svas.org.

Hello

I'm VERY EXCITED about KMRY being released.  Jarrad Marshall is a GREAT developer and I'm sure it will be an outstanding Airport.  Its these kind of airports that Bizz Jet flyers like myself LOVE to fly into.  These smaller mid size airports are much better than the big super hubs since there are less AI and less hit on frames.  THANKS again Jarrad!!!  Keep up the good work.

Matthew

• 1 year later...

John

Are we still on track for KHAF Half Moon Bay, KMMH Mammoth Yosemite. KBIH Bishop is not mentioned in the latest North American Freeware Airport List but I see it is included in the original FTX FTXG Airports Scenery folder. All of  ORBX offerings are like rare gems, one of a kind. I can't get enough of this stuff.

Sal

I would be glad if it's really made any time in future. There is such a beautiful Yosemite valley scenery, but no payware airfield nearby to fly from.  ...well, there is KTVL, but try and fly that leg in a Piper Cub if you're young and impatient :ph34r:  8)

I would be glad if it's really made any time in future. There is such a beautiful Yosemite valley scenery, but no payware airfield nearby to fly from.  ...well, there is KTVL, but try and fly that leg in a Piper Cub if you're young and impatient :ph34r:  8)

+1

But in this case I would agree with newmanix in post #17 that Pine Mountain Lake KE45 would be far more interesting than KMMH.

Or Mariposa.

Archived