Suggest dropping "Blue" and "Gold" from NA product titles.

Matt McGee

I'd like to suggest dropping the "Blue" and "Gold" from FTX NA region titles.  (I know, another suggestion  ::) )

I think the colors just make the title longer and a bit confusing.

I realize that colors are a relic of the original Australia regions, but in AU each color was only used once and denoted a very general climate region.  In NA the colors repeat and don't truly represent unique climates.

Just a thought.

Cheers,

Matt

Really I cannot disagree with this suggestion. The titles in North America provide adequate geographical description (Northern this, Southern that) to generally understand what the region is about. Not sure the color reference adds value.

Actually, I was going to post a question about the gold & blue titles to understand what they might denote. Do they relate to some coverage map somewhere?

I'd like to suggest dropping the "Blue" and "Gold" from FTX NA region titles.  (I know, another suggestion  ::) )

I think the colors just make the title longer and a bit confusing.

I realize that colors are a relic of the original Australia regions, but in AU each color was only used once and denoted a very general climate region.  In NA the colors repeat and don't truly represent unique climates.

Just a thought.

Cheers,

Matt

I have to say I agree Matt. When I first came across Orbx, for the life of me, I couldn't understand the reference to the different colours for Aus and found them very confusing. Even now, if you asked me what colours related to what particular area, I wouldn't have a clue, and I'm an avid Orbx simmer!!

Really I cannot disagree with this suggestion. The titles in North America provide adequate geographical description (Northern this, Southern that) to generally understand what the region is about. Not sure the color reference adds value.

Actually, I was going to post a question about the gold & blue titles to understand what they might denote. Do they relate to some coverage map somewhere?

Sure, I think for anyone new to Orbx scenery, it really is very confusing. I think you're right Ripcord, I mean, what could be simpler than east, west, north, central and south 8)

I have to say I agree Matt. When I first came across Orbx, for the life of me, I couldn't understand the reference to the different colours for Aus and found them very confusing. Even now, if you asked me what colours related to what particular area, I wouldn't have a clue, and I'm an avid Orbx simmer!!

When Orbx did Australia, the regions where pretty much divided by their general climates.

Green = tropical, Gold = subtropical ("Gold Coast"), Red = Outback, Blue = temperate

Kind of made sense, but I think they could have just used "tropical", subtropical", or "southern", "outback"... instead of colors.

The colors in NA just don't correspond to NA climates as well as they do in AU.  For instance, "Gold" in the NA covers Helena, MT and Fresno, CA, which have pretty different climates.  IMHO, I think "Northern California" and "Central Rocky Mountains" are descriptive enough titles.

Lately there have been too many suggestions on how we need to brand our products, run the forums and conduct our business. Whilst we value our customer feedback, please be mindful that simply coming up with things for us to change is not generally constructive. There's absolutely no reason for us to change any region logo colours at all, so it won't happen.

Lately there have been too many suggestions on how we need to brand our products, run the forums and conduct our business. Whilst we value our customer feedback, please be mindful that simply coming up with things for us to change is not generally constructive. There's absolutely no reason for us to change any region logo colours at all, so it won't happen.

Sorry JV.  My intent was to be constructive.

I just find the colors a bit confusing since they are only on some product titles (not EU or NZ?) and not consistently representing climates (Moscow, ID and Brisbane, QLD are both Gold).

Whether you decide to call it "NA Gold (Red, Tan, Orange...) Southern California", or just "NA Southern California", I'll still buy it :)

If you feel my past post suggesting the creation of a "how FSX scenery and Orbx products work" page and my earlier post suggesting an update to the product installation order thread were somehow out of line, I also apologize.  My intent with both posts was to make constructive suggestions that I thought might improve customers' shopping and installation experiences.  I certainly don't mean to tell you how to run your business, only to point out what would help me (and others based on the questions I see repeatedly asked in the forums) better understand and use Orbx products.

Sincerely,

Matt

Archived