I wonder

chumley

If you purchase something on-line, your payment is accepted and then the supplier fails to deliver all that is required (either the download link or registration code) to activate the licence is it reasonable to contact your credit card company and lodge a dispute with the potential to cancel the purchase? It seems to me that failure to deliver by the supplier is a breach of contract in that the goods do not meet the 'fit for purpose' test and as such the purchasing party can walk away from the contract with no constraints.

Ok, this is a breach of contract, so the purchase can be canceled. However, in the case of software delivered by downloads, do not see why the vendor would fail to deliver the credentials for the soft use. No gain for him in this procedure, only damage to its image.

I think, except better judgment, you should rather try to contact by email or phone to see what is happening. It may be a bug in communications.

If these procedures have been done and nothing ... Here, mate, this is definitely not a reliable company, and everything indicates that she does not have the product sold!

Cheers,

Sinesio

Most credit card companies will ask you whether you have contacted the vendor to resolve the issue... They usually (in my experience) request copies of emails or letters between you and the vendor, so that they can be satisfied that all that could be done to resolve the problem has been done...

It's essentially an insurance policy, and like any insurance policy, claims get investigated to prove their validity.

You might also find that there is a waiting period of 28 days or so... To give you and the vendor time to fix the issue.

If you purchase something on-line, your payment is accepted and then the supplier fails to deliver all that is required (either the download link or registration code) to activate the licence ...is it reasonable to...

With respect, why 'wonder' here? Ask your CC company if that's really your purpose.

Thanks for you comments.

I am, I think, quite a patient person. I have watched threads here chuck rocks at a certain on-line supplier and thought it a bit rough but noticed that the squeaky wheel seems to get the oil - so to speak. I must say at this point that in all my previous transactions the process has been smooth as a baby's botty.

However, several days ago - Monday in fact - I purchased Pilots FS Global 2010 - FTX version and everything appeared to go OK - at least the credit card was hit for the amount due. When I say appeared to be OK, part of the process required me to go back to the site to provide some sort of confirmation. The link was duly pressed and after several minutes the supplier site timed out and I thought I would have to lodge a support request.

Later that evening I clicked on a download link in my account which showed at the time (and still does) the download size to by 0 Bytes (zero) but the page with all the files displayed and I was able to download the 22 gb successfully.

I then downloaded WinRAR as suggested and started the load process. Of course once the files had been unpacked the Order number and Registration code were requested. Off I trotted to my emails - no code. Next stop the supplier site - no code. So I lodged an email request outlining my situation and asked for the code to be supplied. No response. I have checked my emails regularly but nothing received. I have also checked my credit card account and the payment has gone through as I expected it would.

So - the current score is - supplier $91.45 richer, me $91.45 poorer but a currently useless download waiting patiently, more patiently than I, on my HDD.

End (well not quite) of story.

Squeak squeak squeak

On my order, I recvd first an email "order received".  It also had a link in it to the "detailed invoice" which had both the order number and registration code.

I also recvd a 2nd email with "Pilot's LIcense" in the subject header.  It also has my registration code in it.

I can also go to the FlightSim store and look under my account and previous orders.  The order is also there and if I click "view" on it, I get a page again with the order number and registration number on it.  Also has the download link on it. 

If you missed the emails (maybe they got into your spam folder by mistake?), go back to the online store and view the order under your account?   That should work.   All the required info is there for me to view under order history.  The registration code was in a box named "order history" just above the download link section. 

fsglobal.png

Hope this can help you out...

Cheers,  Ray

Thanks chumley for full story. I can feel your frustration now. I live in the UK and for me, ordering from the other side of the globe was a thought. Thankfully I have had only one problem with my purchase not being accepted but with the intervention of Jay, this was sorted quickly.

Reading through the forums there are either more and more people experiencing problems or more and more people not understanding the process and losing it somewhere in that process.

Either way as this is the only place to purchase ORBX products, we have no alternative but to buy from them if we want to keep using Orbx and hope that our orders go through without problem.

I trust John Venema and his crew and would like to think that if the main artery got blocked, they would either clear it or perform a bye pass.

Perhaps some form of retraining in how to purchase, download, unpack and load Orbx products would not go amiss as more and more entries in the forums relate to the art of extracting the download once received.

Sorry for my rant but like everything there are two sides to every story and Chumley has now given his side so let's wait for the FSS side and see if this problem can be resolved without any falling out

Kind regards

Ian

Thanks for your comments Ian.

I'm not going to fall out with FSS. I just want what I have a right to have - a simple code.

It surprises me that what should be a simple fix can go uncorrected for such a length of time. If FSS is so overworked they should get more people to deal with peak periods. If, as has been suggested, FSS deserve a break, I have no problem with that - just cover the absence or stop selling until they return. It appears that on-line monopolies can operate with impunity and the buyer can wait or do without.

If, as it appears, a time out problem can throw a spanner in the works then the system needs attention and should have some sort of back up process that warns the user and/or supplier that the process wasn't completed.

I have seen Adrian logged onto the forums on at least on two occasions today but no action coming my way.

I know there will be some who say that FSS should be given a break and they will put it right. They probably haven't had any issues but I'll bet that if they do they are equally frustrated.

Anyway, I'll get going as I want to fly even if it is over sub-standard terrain.

Hi Chumley,

I find personally that the 6-7 tickets I have submitted to a company don't get resolved until the issue gets made a topic here. Then responses are usually resolved within 48 hours.

So not long to go now for you!

Thanks chumley for full story. I can feel your frustration now. I live in the UK and for me, ordering from the other side of the globe was a thought. Thankfully I have had only one problem with my purchase not being accepted but with the intervention of Jay, this was sorted quickly.

Reading through the forums there are either more and more people experiencing problems or more and more people not understanding the process and losing it somewhere in that process.

Either way as this is the only place to purchase ORBX products, we have no alternative but to buy from them if we want to keep using Orbx and hope that our orders go through without problem.

I trust John Venema and his crew and would like to think that if the main artery got blocked, they would either clear it or perform a bye pass.

Perhaps some form of retraining in how to purchase, download, unpack and load Orbx products would not go amiss as more and more entries in the forums relate to the art of extracting the download once received.

Sorry for my rant but like everything there are two sides to every story and Chumley has now given his side so let's wait for the FSS side and see if this problem can be resolved without any falling out

Kind regards

Ian

You make a good point, Ian. It seems that FSS processes are not as smooth as they were, few months back. Experienced that recently. At the end, after posting here, I got an answer and my money back (less the small bank fee for the foreign exchange transaction and then its annulment) but I'd rather have had the airports I was trying to get.  It doesn't serve well the wonderful array of OrbX products. Growing pains :)  ?

At first, I thought the "consultation" was on any other company! No thought was FlightSim Store!

I think, carefully for not to offend anyone, that the responsible for FlightSim Store should give an explanation here.

If this exchange of "complaints" continues, I think, which is not good for FlightSim Store - and not for us all consumers - this will causes insecurity.

So in wishing that everyone will be satisfied and the good name of FlightSim Store is maintained (it is necessary), yes, it is necessary a clarification here!

Cheers,

Sinesio

I must say that I have nearly worn out the left mouse button at the FSS site in the vain hope that the Registration Code may appear magically. I'm not religious but I may go see if the bloke at the local church can put in a good word for me and perhaps elicit some divine intervention. 

I haven't been a big ORBX buyer of late but my account at FSS shows a reasonably healthy number of visits for, in the main, ORBX products over the years.

I am thinking that when this matter is sorted I will shell out for the FTX Vector (don't make any development plans in the immediate future with my cash JV  ::)) and then take an interest in the various LC releases over time. Other than that I will head off to see what other resellers have to offer. I guess that is shorthand for saying I'm pretty much a soon to be lost customer of FSS.

In my view a deserved outcome.

Hi Chumley,

I find personally that the 6-7 tickets I have submitted to a company don't get resolved until the issue gets made a topic here. Then responses are usually resolved within 48 hours.

So not long to go now for you!

Still not looking good Mr Lehmann.

In all my transactions with a multitude of on-line dealers both in the FS scene and areas of other personal interest I have never witnessed such indifference to my legitimate rights as I am experiencing right now. FSS is plumbing the depths as far as I am concerned and it is really leaving a sour taste.

At the current rate of progress ORBX will probably lock this thread as it continues its southerly track and frankly I wouldn't blame them. At the end of the day it has nothing to do with them other than the fact that FSS is their conduit to the market for their products. 

I have done some research through the various sub-forums and the apathetic approach FSS has to customer service is all too frequent.

On their website FSS says "This online store offers a smooth, worry free shopping experience from start to finish." and "For product information and support please use the Chat button or click the Email button to submit a contact ticket which will generally be responded to within 48 hours."

Well, in this case, FSS has not met either of these two objectives.

It pains me to say that having spent several hundred euros at FSS for both Orbx and non Orbx products, I too am having problems contacting FSS support. I have written 2 support tickets since Christmas but I have yet to receive any form of acknowledgement. I'll probably stop using them to buy non-Orbx products in the future. 

Other than that I have never had a problem with the download and "wrapper" system used by the site. 

Yes, I would like to complain about Aerosoft not having responded for 7 weeks to my email and ticket I have sent them too

This forum is NOT for complaints about vendors, please keep that in mind. I have SMS'ed Adrian to have a look at these tickets for you and THAT is the ONLY reason why it gets sped up, because I use personal means to contact someone because I can... now.. week 8 is coming up for me for Aerosoft, maybe I will go to AVSIM and complain there, oh no, hang on, I already did and the topic got deleted and I got a warning from a mod that I will get banned if I do it again .. that is right, forgot about that lol

I am not being sarcastic either, it has been 49 days since I lodged my first ticket with them. Yet to hear from them lol

Well that is quite the descriptive thread tile that's for sure. Naturally one that is easily skipped over.

I'll have a go at looking up all the details of your transaction and see if we can sort you out this evening shall we?

Same goes for anyone else who has contributed a genuine request for assistance to this thread.

Hi Adrian..about 2 months ago I bought a Saitek yoke from you guys..it failed after a couple of days use so I posted it back to you in a box.,,,with my account and purchase details.

probably about november sometime.

Any info for me on this...what's the chance of a replacement ?

You can check out my account via order number in my sig

Cheers stu

Well that is quite the descriptive thread tile that's for sure. Naturally one that is easily skipped over.

I'll have a go at looking up all the details of your transaction and see if we can sort you out this evening shall we?

Same goes for anyone else who has contributed a genuine request for assistance to this thread.

Might be easily skipped over but this came after several emails to you went unanswered.

OK ... the OP's question is answered.

A couple of take home points:

Please, please please use descriptive specific titles for threads if you expect them to be answered.  We often edit them, but you are helping your thread get the answer you are looking for if your thread title explains the problem.  It is just common sense.

eg "I have a question.... " or "I wonder" is not as useful as "Duplicate runway at NZQQ" or "Can't Download FTXVector"

This thread was passed over many times, and only picked up on today, mainly because the title gave no clue as to its content.

Secondly, this is not the support forum for FSS.  Whilst we appreciate the frustration if emails are not getting through, and have allowed some of these threads for that reason, please try to use the Support Ticket system at FSS as your means of contacting the store operator.

Archived