Is Arco ID (KAOC) included in CRM? Other POI questions.

TracyQ

Reason I ask is because I have been trying to overfly the Craters of the Moon area for ages,  and can't seem to find it.   :-[  Started at KAOC and flew in circles,  never saw the lava fields,  nor the "Craters".

Also would like hints on other POI flights in the "regions".  I have all NA Regions except SAK.  Basically,  I am a sightseer in FTX, using GA aircraft.

Hi Tracy, for sure Arco is included, as well as the Craters, Big Southern Butte or Hells Canyon. I just include some screenshots below (for my own pleasure... 8) ). Using this .kmz file http://fullterrain.com/kmz/FTX_CRM_NA_GOLD_1.0.kmz you should be able to see the POIs of CRM in Google Earth. Have fun!

W2DNd.jpg

Arco:

oOC1G.jpg

McCall:

pW8r.jpg

Hells Canyon:

Eewa4.jpg

KbncC.jpg

Good post Tracy!  You brought back memories of a road trip from Seattle to Idaho Falls.  Really enjoyed it. In that area we enjoyed hunting down dead horse cave out on the backroads,  It was a tough one to find but we did. Then onto Craters of the moon, by the time we got there it was getting late so we had to quickly do the loop and then headed out (we thought about staying at the campground there but the wind was too much).     Passing throught the town of Arco was very interesting becasue it was the first City to be powered by nuclear energy.  From there we headed to Idaho falls to spend the night.  That last strech of road between Arco and Idaho fall was interesting as well as it fell on the grounds of the Idaho National Laboratory. Fenced with a sign every 100 feet or so with no tresspassing and other strong words to let you know not to wonder on there land. THis is a trip me and my buddy need to do again and take a lot more time in that area. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUPKcP48Mgo (roadtrip vid of part of that trip,watch at your own risk).

Few shots around craters of the moon area and you can see the loop is there around the lava fields.

2014-1-12_23-25-44-696_zps1c666456.png

2014-1-12_23-24-38-998_zpsc32553b0.png

2014-1-12_23-21-52-912_zps4adf1833.png

LOL, just watched my own vid.  Sorry to put you all through it if you watched.  They were never ment for youtube but my buddy thought the world might enjoy.  When we head out and away from our families and work our brains turn to goo and we become kids at heart.

Jim

Archived