Missing summer textures in Oz

Mallard

Some summer coastal textures in Australia seem to habe gone AWOL.

Here are two comparison shots taken just south of Innisfail, QLD.

Summer (January)

4powV.jpg

Winter (August)

FELfX.jpg

I observed similar "waterfields" on a flight from Darwin to Broome, again directly along the coastlines.

Could this be a SP4.003 problem?

Cheers

Mallard

Hi Ed

a couple of observation.

As I had forced the install of some non-P3D V2 stuff prior to  the new FTXAUSP4 release I uninstalled and removed P3D V2 and all the extras before a reinstall for the V2 version of FTXAUUSP4xxxx.

Aust summer tone in FTX Global.  Can't be positive but I think the first time I ran P3 D V2 after the complete reinstall I saw the very plain but "sun burnt" summer tones.

I then installed Global 2010 and Vectors. When next run summer tones had gone.  Not convinced it was Global Mest or Vectors and not going back!!! but worth a thought.

The Watery squares or paddy field just south of Darwin AP and in other places seem to show up when any of the Reflection Effects in P3D V2 is enabled and FTXAUSP4xxx is installed or active.

I saw it first with a forced installed of the old FTXAUSP400.03 and SP. At that stage I lived with it. ( install not supported then so my problem.)

In P3D V2 with FTX Global set in FTX central you can see the problem tiles are a slightly different colour when viewed in map view, a little darker. Disable all the FTXAUSP4 items in scenery and the problem goes away,

Allowing for the Reflectiosn option causing other issues, no click on radios etc, it a orbx or LM problem?

Peter

Some summer coastal textures in Australia seem to habe gone AWOL.

Here are two comparison shots taken just south of Innisfail, QLD.

Summer (January)

Winter (August)

I observed similar "waterfields" on a flight from Darwin to Broome, again directly along the coastlines.

Could this be a SP4.003 problem?

Cheers

Mallard

Hi Martin,

I have exactly the same issue south of Innisfail. Did some testing and found out that unchecking "Orbx-Vector" in the FSX Scenery Library solves the issue! This is is really strange, because JV said FTX-Vector will have no impact on the full fat regions, which is apparently not true. I have another issue at the payware PAJN, where unchecking Orbx-Vector will also solve the problem partly. 

Did some testing and found out that unchecking "Orbx-Vector" in the FSX Scenery Library solves the issue! This is is really strange, because JV said FTX-Vector will have no impact on the full fat regions, which is apparently not true.

Thanks, Wolfgang - that did the trick! I did have a sneaky suspicion that Vector might have had its fingers in the game, because there were quite a number of roads where I didn't remember seeing them before...

Anyway - the inlet is back to normal... And the textures look better now (note that they look quite different than in the images above).

4tLYE.jpg

The strange thing is that it also seems to be season-activated.

Any input from the devs on this?

Cheers

Mallard

Archived