FS Global 2010 mesh?

momo737

Detailed around the world, as they say in the literature the LOD is less detailed where it doesn't matter ie in flat areas of the world, right up to 10m resolution where it matters

WOW!! its like having FS Genesis NEXTmap for the entire world.. this is why i didn't get more FS Genesis because NEXTmap does not cover the whole world and i really hate changing slider every time. I own FS genesis for the entire world but the resolution i get was up to 76m any higher i would still get the detail from far, but as i got closer the resolution will vanish making the mountains, valleys and hills smaller and or flat again.

Thanks John!

If you push your mesh Slider all the way too the right,as far as i know it will only display what it can.

IE if it only has 76m mesh for say africa then that's what you get.if your in say Austria and it has 10m mesh then that is what is displayed.

so i just leave it all the way to the right and let the mesh do it's thing.

steve

Thanks guys!!

I just got it and my first impression was.. WOW!!..I can't believe i didn't get this sooner!, it really made a big difference specially around the Virgin Islands in the Caribbean.            

I wonder if fixes ever made to the data when problems like the one I documented here show up?

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/71149-the-yinyang-of-chasing-better-colorado-terrain-aka-getting-fsgftx-meshed/

Hi flaps

Can you give me the exact coordination of your screenshots to compare my self because FSX default mesh is 38m and FSG2010 FTX is 9m. ???

I'm hopping your screenshots got mix up...lol  

Thanks

Hi flaps

Can you give me the exact coordination of your screenshots to compare my self because FSX default mesh is 38m and FSG2010 FTX is 9m. ???

I'm hopping your screenshots got mix up...lol  

Thanks

Sadly, the shots are not mixed up, and the digital elevation model provided by FSGlobal2010-FTX is only 19m in that area, not 9m, according to the specs off of PILOT's website:

(FS-Mesh- and sourcedata in 9m resolution!) for Hawaii (complete) and the southwest of the US, south of 38°N and west of 108°W (ca. Mesa Verde -> Point Reyes)

High Quality Coverage of North America (and p.Canada!): nationwide LOD11 (19m)

Long's Peak is located at:  40 15 17N  105 36 59W

I think there are just bad data points in the PILOT's mesh there, even though there are supposedly more of them using 19m vs 38m resolution...

Regards,

Chris B. - aka "Flapsdown"

• 4 weeks later...

No messin' around with sliders Danny, whole world in detail where detail matters.

I'm using it, happy with it and can only recommend it !

STefaan

Sounds great - could you please tell me which drive you installed to.

Many thanks, Bill.

Archived