Another Ardmore repaint!

Adam Banks

Thanks for the encouragement, chaps!

Aucklanders will recognise the landmarks - Mount Victoria and North Head (old volcanoes) in Devonport, plus the CBD and bridge. I live on the little peninsula just above the harbour bridge - at the top of the picture, lined up roughly with the green nav light. FTX does Auckland really well in terms of landscape and textures, but is missing some notable landmark objects. I'm hoping the NZAA add-on (if there ever is one) will fill in the gaps.

The link I gave above works, but takes you straight to the download page. This link http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/4322-a2a-cessna-c172-zk-tav/ takes you to the splash page for that repaint.

Adam.

A *little* bit of the credit ought to go to A2A. Not only is the C172 beautifully done as a whole, its paintkit is a joy to work with - so doing the odd livery isn't too painful.

The pic just sort of "happened" as I was taking some reference pics to add to the livery archive. I'm so often amazed at what FSX throws at you if you have live weather enabled (courtesy of FEX and OPUS). As to the scenery ... well ... we're preaching to the converted here aren't we? :lol:

Adam.

Archived