Problem, or geographic excellence?

norfolk mike

Just a quick one. I just got loads of regions, installed them, patched them and did the library thing. All looks remarkably good, but this particular area left me wondering. Its just having left Spokane.

15ft.jpg

Initially, I thought it was a scenery corruption because of all the squares. I wondered if I'd left FTX central on "global" and it was somehow causing the problem. THEN I checked Google Earth, and strangely, it kinda looked like the picture above. So, now I'm thinking its not a scenery problem at all, and just a very "grid like" landscape? Am I right, or do I have a problem? I've only flown over England before, so forgive my ignorance! ^-^. Oh, and it was supposed to read "Geometric excellence" and NOT Geographic, but I've not had my breakfast yet.

Thanks for that guys. I normally get nervous when adding just ONE region, or even an update patch, so NZ South, NZ North, all of Australia, every US Region and South Alaska with appropriate patches, DID get my pulse going! I just assumed there would be a problem, so seeing that grid like environment made me think I'd found it! Now it seems not, so that's a relief.

Now THAT is the weirdest, neatest landscape I've ever seen! I will look into that irrigation link, because  the geometry, on THAT scale is pretty mind-blowing!

Indeed. Americans clearly like order, whereas us Brits thrive on chaos. I just looked at some of the cities. All very neat and orderly. Here in England, we have a Roman road, and the Manchester ship canal, which are probably our only concessions to imposed order on the landscape ^-^ .

I have to say, I'm thoroughly enjoying FTX regions! I wasn't sure I needed them, I wasn't convinced I even wanted them, but having now got them, I'm smitten. Flying out of Anchorage in the Majestic dash, clear winter skies and low sun was a very nice experience. So, I did it in the Captain Sim Hercules for a more encompassing vista, and it was even more gorgeous. I'm even enjoying the geography lessons!

Oh, and those discounted purchases do equate to extra revenue for the OrbX empire, as I'd probably not have bought them otherwise, so an all round win methinks.

Off topic I know, but do those Alaskan Airways CRJs fly out of Anchorage, or is that only for the Dash and 737s?

I'm not sure about the "neat" Americans ;) but at least here in Canada (and you can see it on GE, namely out west) the Crown divided most of the livable area into 1 sq. mile sections and they were then assigned to the newcomers from the old continent (we're talking late 19th and early 20th centuries). Thus still here out west the concession roads are running on that grid - one mile apart. This is visible in GE, sadly not in FSX, probably MS couldn't do it any better. When designing a scenery for western Canada it is a bear to fit the photo real with the correct road grid to the MS FSX road grid though...

Archived