openLC EU - first new texture shots!

We could release it in December but I am sure you guys don't want to beta test a product ;)

As I keep saying over and over, all our roadmap release estimates are just that - estimates. No software company should ever give actual release dates for products unless you are EA releasing a first person shooter franchise with a $300 million budget and a staff of 200 developers to finish it.

NCA has been pushed out to January, openLC to February, just the way it goes :)

.....and even then EA/DICE released a piece of crap BF4 this time around.

Desiring to see a great LC for Spain here! As seems that Spain never going to be released.. or at least long time if ORBX changes their mind.. I would like to see more spanish custom textures, that part are shared with Greece, Portugal and Italy, but others are like green everywhere in the north.. or desert where Clint Eastwood western movies were recorded! Too much differences in Spain.. and lots of mountains. A shame never see Spain by ORBX.. but I understand the piracy issue they make not to make it.... But remember.. in Spain lots of flights comes for sun-beach and mountains. Remember.. there are loooots of mountains in Spain. Not plain boring surfaces to fly!

Desiring to see those LC and new textures. The comunity will put the objects that are already done :)

For what it concerns me, I have only to thank you for all the beautiful job you're doing for us simmers. FSX is becoming a completely new experience and it's a real joy to fly over your regions.
Thanks again

(Quote of entire OP removed by mods...) 

Unbelievable JV! I'm glad you explained about the tulip thing as I was just about to add the same comments about the oversaturated tulips! In fact, your scenery looks more realistic than the real photos. They surely have been oversaturated in the processing stage? I hope I have some spondoolies in my account after christmas :D

Agree on the oversaturated bit.

I do hate to disagree chaps but I personally don't see these shots to show the Tulip fields oversaturated, but natural in their colour, to what they look like in the real world...surprisingly bright and vivid. We're just not used to seeing them in the sim but when I take a second and third look at John's photograph and then at the shots in sim, they don't appear oversaturated at all (to me of course). If anything, perhaps the opposite but I personally would leave them well alone and think they're just right for the sim. Only my opinion, of course...though I would recommend a second look as when I first saw them it surprisingly crossed my mind but on taking later looks now I don't now see them as oversaturated at all...less so in fact than the photograph exemplified. In the end, every eye sees colour differently to varying degrees...that I can assure.

All the best,

Sid

I'd really appreciate some pictures taken in southern europe. This is what I'm looking forward, tulip fields are of course important, but northern europe is already well depicted in FTXG, most efforts should be gone to southern france, italy, greece and spain. But of course "Cicero pro domo sua" so bear with me...

Looks superb!  Frankly I for one am quite pleased the releases have been spread out a bit - the card has been taking a bit of a hammering as it is!  Besides it gives us all something to look forward to, particularly those of us living in the currently dreary north.

Regards,

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Just a small operational question.

If I plan to fly from a Pommie (sorry, English airport) to one on the continent, would I set up FTX Central as Europe with hybrid mode selected?

And if I was flying in Europe outside the UK/Eire full fat regions, would I simply select Global default?   It presumably would include Vector and LC as part of its structure?

All of these are already in our full-fat regions. Don't expect openLC to become something more substantial than our FTX regions are, that would be eating our own lunch!  :mellow:

We have a strategy for openLC that involves creating a "V2 Plus" openLC series from 2015-2017 that adds a lot more detail for villages and smaller areas < 1km in grid size. At that time we will consider POI objects and other enhancements for parts of the world where we'll be unlikely to do full-fat regions.

Hi John

First best wishes for 2014 :)

I understand Open LC is a grid landclass using more classifications than the default FSX landclass and using specific textures for regions.Will it be necessary to select a region in FTX central (Europe,America,Asia...)to get the right textures at the right places?

I read with interest about the V2Plus openLC series.Will you use polygon technique(like in TRUElandscape France) to overtake the limit of 1km grid?

Cheers

Yves

Hi John

First best wishes for 2014 :)

I understand Open LC is a grid landclass using more classifications than the default FSX landclass and using specific textures for regions.Will it be necessary to select a region in FTX central (Europe,America,Asia...)to get the right textures at the right places?

I read with interest about the V2Plus openLC series.Will you use polygon technique(like in TRUElandscape France) to overtake the limit of 1km grid?

Cheers

Yves

We have yet to determine the best method to exploit local classes, likely no specific FTX Central setting will be needed.

Yes the V2Plus will be a <1km resolution vector LC product.

Guys,

I´ve never ever thought that the landclass would look that great!

This is really amazing... thanks again for such an amazing work. I am neraly speachless, however there are two words that will come out of my mouth with my last

breathing....

more pictures :)

I'm kind of torn. Do I want OpenLC EU first, or do I want my regions restored to me, now that I've switched to P3Dv2...?

Waiting for all of the above at the moment. I've even put myself on leave at FlyUK till my "world" is restored to me.

Agh. I've got it bad haven't I...

Ah well, the first step in dealing with your problem is admitting you have one! ::)

I do hate to disagree chaps but I personally don't see these shots to show the Tulip fields oversaturated, but natural in their colour, to what they look like in the real world...surprisingly bright and vivid. We're just not used to seeing them in the sim but when I take a second and third look at John's photograph and then at the shots in sim, they don't appear oversaturated at all (to me of course).

I think you misunderstood. The Orbx files are fine, it's the photo that he posted that is too saturated.

I think you misunderstood. The Orbx files are fine, it's the photo that he posted that is too saturated.

Hey jdonner,

Ah, I see. :lol: .Yes, that's quite possible if that was indeed what was meant. Makes much more sense now. Cheers for clarifying my friend :smile:

All the best.

Sid

• 2 weeks later...

Hello simmers!

First of all - I've tried to read up a bit on things but there is alot of info to take in for a total beginner to both FSX and flight sims in general. I saw a few videos and if you don't give it a solid shot, you can't say that it wasn't for you, so here I am.

FTX Global looks awesome and the openLC Europe sounds promising, enough to spend a buck on, I've definitively spent more money than that on stuff I didn't actually need.

There's a question nestled in here and you've probably heard this before and I guess I'll get pointed to various threads/search functions, but... anyway. As I am a swede and new to the game, obviously what would be rewarding (like for anyone) would be flying around your home turf. I noticed images of both Stockholm and Malmö from John, looking awesome. But those were shot using UTX Europe? And then I thought I read something about UTX not being compatible with the new land...classes? 

In short, do I need to get all packs? FTX Global, openLC Europe (when it's due in Feb?), UTX Europe or do I only need one/two of them, to enjoy my own back yard in it's good looking suit? I guess I'd have to find local smaller airports as side dishes, but that's another thing.

Yeah, well, sorry for getting confused. Global looked superb and will be good for when my pilot feels like venturing out in the big world, in any case!

Archived