Glasshouse Mountains in P3D2

Barry Meiklejohn

After a few years without simming I took the plunge and purchased Prepar3d V2. Here are some relatively unedited (cropped and reduced) screenshots of one of my first flights. The flight departs Redcliffe (YRED) in SE Queensland and tracks north west via Caboolture (YCAB) to do a circuit of the Glasshouse Mountains.

01warmingupatYRED_zps64e6635b.jpg

engine warmup at Redcliffe

02overYCAB_zps5a22effd.jpg

tracking over Caboolture on the way northbound, the weather is 30km visibility. The Caboolture River winds its way out to Deception Bay in the background.

03GlasshouseMountains_zpsb8c8dee9.jpg

Mt Tibrogargan slightly behind the RV with Mt Coonowrin and Mt Beerwah in the background

04MtBeerwah_zps35c8875e.jpg

clouds starting to build up as we play over Mt Beerwah

05inboundtoYCAB_zps73532f8d.jpg

time to make our all stations call inbound to Caboolture. The dynamic nature of the shadows moving around the cockpit certainly adds another layer to the realism of this new sim and the lack of autogen popup is something I have been missing since FS9.

Good to see you Barry .  The weather and distance haze look very good . The lack of autogen pop is a big immersive factor too . Give this sim a  couple of updates and ...who knows . Things are looking good .

Archived