shot clearout 1 - Appalachians (10 shots )

sightseer

I've been doing a lot of flying in the Smoky Mountains general area. I started near Chattanooga TN at 1A0 Dallas Bay and went to Rockwood Municipal. From there I went to 1A6 which was a fun place to land. From there, I35 and then Lonesome Pine (KLNP?) and ran out of gas on my way back south -- crashed outside of KVJI -- and then went on south to Gatlinburg and Asheville (KAVL). At some point I ended up at a place called Mountain Kingdom and from there I went to KLWB.

I'd like to recommend you fly into 1A6 from somewhere (maybe Rockwood muni) and also there are some great sights if you fly south from KLWB to Peterson and then follow the river through the mountains to the east.

These pics don't really do the area any justice but I'll post anyway. You might also try 07TN to 57NC and then on to 2NC0 Mountain Air.

heading north towards Rockwood

yzY9h.jpg

approaching 1A6

XNzhs.jpg

approaching Lonesome Pine

8gKdt.jpg

unknown

QZFHf.jpg

heading towards Mountain Kingdom (actually just got tired of flying and stopped there)

EDBWK.jpg

between Peterson and wherever it was I went (KGEV or something)

Zjh2.jpg

fPlut.jpg

between 07TN and 57NC

xGWZa.jpg

zuQ3I.jpg

Mountain Air on top of that ridge out the right window

yvkT.jpg

thanks for looking.

Thanks to ya'll for the comments.

Brad - I was heading east and following a river and the sun was getting higher in the sky. At first it was just cumulus and then clear but then I started seeing the low lying clouds in amongst all the mountains. The next thing I know its all I can see...solid clouds with only distant mountains rising up. I took several pictures but most just didn't seem to portray what I saw in sim. That one was pretty good though. I can't wait to see P3D2 and its low lying actual volumetric fog.

Archived