P3D v2 - a couple more beta screen shots

Nice shots Heiko!

How are the frame rates??

I think thats what most people are intrested in!

Thank you!!

I'm interested in FPS for sure - I will be happy with equivalent settings I use in FSX right now and the associated FPS boost.

No popping Autogen? Heaven :)

Nice shots Heiko!

Thank you!!

How good is your video card?? with a gtx 760 and setting autogen sliders one notch back I get smooth 25fps, but i have water reflections and shadows turned right up to max

Hard as it may be to ignore P3D 2.0 I must as without my PMDG 777 and NGX there is little point in having FS on my machine.

I think to make it easier I will block viewing of the Screenshot and P3D forums.

Andy b

Resistance is Futile 8)

Thanks Gents :smile:

With fairly high settings and locked at 60, i am getting smooth 35 to 45 FPS (unlocked it goes above 60 but doesn't run as smooth anymore). LM mentioned that they work on further optimizations until release.

great shots! Why Stuttgart just curious? Familiar with the area?

paul

That's the nearest big airport where i grew up :D

Fantastic shots, Heiko. Is that default sky? It looks like they reworked the colors a little. I definitely see some added brightness to some of the clouds.

Indeed, that's all default except FTX Global. I can't wait for the REX treatment - it will look fantastic, no doubt.

Thanks Gents :smile:

With fairly high settings and locked at 60, i am getting smooth 35 to 45 FPS (unlocked it goes above 60 but doesn't run as smooth anymore). LM mentioned that they work on further optimizations until release.

That's the nearest big airport where i grew up :D

Indeed, that's all default except FTX Global. I can't wait for the REX treatment - it will look fantastic, no doubt.

So you a Schwab Heiko? I also born in area,lived there off and on, full blown Schwab in a way got two pairs of Haeferl shoes Saturday from Germany, was just there in July and went to college there. What town?

Thanks Alan !

So you a Schwab Heiko? I also born in area,lived there off and on, full blown Schwab in a way got two pairs of Haeferl shoes Saturday from Germany, was just there in July and went to college there. What town?

Nope, not a real one ^_^ . I come from the Pforzheim region which is Baden (border to Baden Wuerttemberg).

I'm interested in FPS for sure - I will be happy with equivalent settings I use in FSX right now and the associated FPS boost.

Same, equivalent settings, no OOM issues and no autogen popping sells me. I run DX10 now so my frames are great and my sim is silk smooth but still plaged with OOM if I go beyond 4.5 LOD. SO if P3D is 6.5 and can give these new lighten effect plus 3d waves for the same frames...yeah thats what Im talking about.

Nice pictures, Heiko! Very dense autogen!  Looking forward to V2.0.

Have we seen anything yet with regard to the terrain tessellation feature of DX11? Does P3D 2.0 make use of that already or will this depend on future add-ons?

Boy hard to see much difference over tricked FSX, and performance '25 fps' doesn't sound particularly impressive either. I think one reality is that when you have something that looks pretty good already it takes a huge amount of improvement to make a compelling difference.  Compare that against FS 20 years ago when it was easy to see big improvements w/ the next version:  wire frame, to solid colors, right up up to what we have now.  There is a steep curve for improving something that's already decent.  These things being said, I'm sure it will be an impressive upgrade from everything that's being said.

Boy hard to see much difference over tricked FSX, and performance '25 fps' doesn't sound particularly impressive either. I think one reality is that when you have something that looks pretty good already it takes a huge amount of improvement to make a compelling difference.  Compare that against FS 20 years ago when it was easy to see big improvements w/ the next version:  wire frame, to solid colors, right up up to what we have now.  There is a steep curve for improving something that's already decent.  These things being said, I'm sure it will be an impressive upgrade from everything that's being said.

Comparing FSX to P3D1.4 we saw an improvement in smoothness rather than FPS. I think it is the same with P3D2. Smooth 25-30 fps maxed out than 30-40 blurred stuttering fps. 

I think nowadays we will find the improvement in the detail. Being now able to let the GPU doing more work or getting SLI support is an improvement. 3D waves are an improvement (thinking of carrier landings or helicopter landings on ships). Volumetric fog is a big improvement (im thinking of low visibility trainig) Dynamic shadows improves the feel of reality. Ok P3D2 might "look" like FSX but it is the biggest improvement in years. The next big improvement would be hopping into the real deal.

Thanks Alan !

Nope, not a real one ^_^ . I come from the Pforzheim region which is Baden (border to Baden Wuerttemberg).

ah ok, close enough to Maultaschen and Appelwoi. Eislingen and studied in Reutlingen.

For the Badens and the Schwabs among us. Stuttgart rocks and is my homebase. Logged hundreds of hours flying in and out of EDDS back in the days when the CRJ200 was THE regional machine all over the world :)

Eislingen und Reutlingen hier!

des karst scho saga!

Designer Paule

ah ok, close enough to Maultaschen and Appelwoi. Eislingen and studied in Reutlingen.

Eislingen und Reutlingen hier!

des karst scho saga!

Designer Paule

Grüss Gott,

I bin koi Schwob bin nur a rei´gschmeckter der in Stuurgater oschte wohnt ;) Unn des scho seit 5 Johr... Abr im Ländle bin i scho seit 15 Johr. Des Schwäbisch hen i bei´d Leit im G´schäft g´lernt.

Ok and now for all other guys the above written is some kind of swabian accent and it means that im not from there but like to live there and that since 1999 ;)

Grüss Gott,

I bin koi Schwob bin nur a rei´gschmeckter der in Stuurgater oschte wohnt ;) Unn des scho seit 5 Johr... Abr im Ländle bin i scho seit 15 Johr. Des Schwäbisch hen i bei´d Leit im G´schäft g´lernt.

Ok and now for all other guys the above written is some kind of swabian accent and it means that im not from there but like to live there and that since 1999 ;)

aber jetztetle ka ma sagen da au uff dere ORBX forum Schwaebisch geschwetzet wird!

Yes, I am also very interested in the "equivalent settings" boost.  If you turn off some of the shading/shadowing and other 2.0 goodies, how much increase in performance can be had?

Yes, I am also very interested in the "equivalent settings" boost.  If you turn off some of the shading/shadowing and other 2.0 goodies, how much increase in performance can be had?

This is a very good question; hopefully there will be an increase...

Or does Prepa3d v2 run with the extra goodies turned on, as FSX does without them?

Nice screenies, Heiko.

Could you tell us whether airports received an update, e.g. EDDF having the new runway?

Very good question! Since it is were I life I would be happy to see some update here especially since the payware airport isn't up-to-date at all...

Archived