FTX AUS4.003

Bluemarlin

Downloading FTX AU 4.003 at the moment.  Thanking JV for the update but wondering if this will make the FTX Day/Night switcher obsolete and should we delete it?  If so how do I go about it, its been a long time since I installed it and cant quite remember how I did it.

Thanks

Bluey

could i pls ask  a quest here too as its related to sp4.003

re installation . does ftx central need to be changed to oceania  or is it ok to leave on global/hybrid which i have now

Yes set to [Oceania] before installing the AU servicepacks as always

Cheers

"Yes set to [Oceania] before installing the AU servicepacks as always"

I started the installer twice and read through everything  looking for info on this and found nothing, so I assumed it did not matter and ran the install with whatever it was set at.. I have never seen anything to indicate that we should "always" do anything when installing Orbx.. As it happens, the install went well, so no problem. Teecee.

" Yes set to [Oceania] before installing the AU servicepacks as always"

Or to 'Australia' for those that don't have NZ like me! Am I right?

JJ

Correct

I have never seen anything to indicate that we should "always" do anything when installing Orbx..

Always set to the correct FTX region when installing a region servicepack.

Always run the latest Orbxlibs after installing anything Orbx

These are the standard install procedures we have used and constantly reminded users ever since way back with AU_Blue, nothing has changed since then.

Not being smart Tim, but if you are going to quote me.. quote me in context..

"I started the installer twice and read through everything  looking for info on this and found nothing, so I assumed it did not matter and ran the install with whatever it was set at.. I have never seen anything to indicate that we should "always" do anything when installing Orbx.. As it happens, the install went well, so no problem. Teecee."

there really was nothing in 4.3 telling me to set central anywhere.. Teecee.

Interesting. I've always set FTX Central to default before installing any service packs as that used to be the way. I once stuffed up FSX by installing one of the Australia red/blue/green/gold scenery packs because Australia was selected in FTX Central (I had forgotten the instruction to set to Default when installing all four packs one after the other). 

Now though, after installing the Iceland Demo I no longer have the default option and I only have the choice of FTX Global, Australia or Europe (for UK and Wales I presume).

Not everyone reads the ORBX forums each day so a little instruction on the correct updating procedure would be much appreciated.

Hi Ant,

[Default] and [Global] are the same thing, as FTXGlobal is a replacement for the default textures

Regarding the FTXcentral setting, setting to [Default or Global] for Australia is probably OK, but the US, NZ or EU regions must be set to the specific region you are intending to install a servicepack for due to the elevation adjustments, hence to avoid confusion we say "Always set to the region you intend to install a servicepack for"

But remember this 'rule' is purely for installing servicepacks for regions, not for installing the actual region packs themselves

Thanks Tim for the clarification

I installed the patch with Australia selected.

I think I installed the patches for England and Wales with FTX central at default though. I didn't know there was a difference between service packs and original region packs. I haven't noticed any problems yet but if I do see an airport elevation problem I know what to do.

Perhaps a suggestion for the person who writes the installers is to include directions on how to set FTX Central in the Information section of each installer. I know most people seem to skip straight through this section but there are some people who do read it (like me) and you can never have too many reminders.

Perhaps a suggestion for the person who writes the installers is to include directions on how to set FTX Central in the Information section of each installer. I know most people seem to skip straight through this section but there are some people who do read it (like me) and you can never have too many reminders.

Good point Ant, I can actually get the installer to open FTX Central and apply a region before installation continues. I will make that the norm from now on.

Archived