An aerobat for the new Jandakot (Many screenies - BEWARE)

squeeker

Here's my Chrissy present to the ORBX community and latest attempt/offering in the repaint department. It's my representation of VH-RWY, a much loved and well exercised RACWA (Royal Aero Club of WA) Cessna 152 Aerobat. Many a pilot (including me!) did their first solo in this little plane, so she holds a special place in our hearts.

It's not 100% accurate, due to the limitations of the model (eg no rego under the wing and the upgrade of an aerodynamic cover on the nosewheel, and unfortunately no windows in the ceiling :( ),  but it's a reasonable facsimile. The external textures are all 4096x4096, and the interior is at least 2048x2048. It seems to have taken me forever to finish her, every rivet was placed from real photos - I won't be doing that again! A big thanks Russ White for his advice with the textures and also to Gizmo and Butch for raising the bar in the standard of repaints.

The paint will need the nod from the good folks at Carenado before public release, and I'd like to get it out there to coincide with Jarrad and the team's pending release of Jandakot. Should be a good ship for some circuits there with lots of visibilty and docile handling.

BTW this aircraft spins like a ripper - a great effort by Carenado.

Also, as this "orange checker" is a common sheme to a score of RACWA 152's (many of which are much grubbier and worn around the edges than RWY), so expect to see more of the same available soon, but with some hefty weathering.

Some of the shots below were taken at the new Margaret River (YMGT) strip included in the OZx 2.0 recent release. The strip is by Wes Hollet and is a real work of art - really captures the feeling of the real airstrip. More WA airstrips please! If you haven't been there yet - get Going!!

Well thanks for looking, hope I haven't exceeded your bandwidth with so many shots. Any (constructive) criticism is appreciated before the paint goes public..

Best wishes for the coming year, Steve.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hey, I was wondering where my Orbx tote bag got to - now I know!  :D;D

Nice work Squeeker!

As a bonus for Jandakot customers, we will be adding in a custom GA AI pack into Jandakot which will use many of Squeeker's superb repaints of the aircraft located at the airport.

awesome work Squeeker  ;D  screenshot 9 is so powerfull, the best out of them all.  I have stood and seen that very view hundreds of times, from C152's to up to and including C206's plus a variety of other makes too.  Looking at the screenshot raises the hair on the back of my neck, just like it does when I watch them for real  ;D 

Woot, time to get that 152 I guess...late Christmas gift or something. ;)

Any excuse will do  :D

Also check out Gizmo's great paints for the C152 at OZx. They are really top notch and some are Jandakot based also.

BIG NEWS! - I have to give a massive thanks to Gizmo who has kindly donated his brain and precious time, and created a set of custom "Specular" textures for my RWY repaint. I could never have achieved such a thing myself so I am extremely grateful. It really sparkles now, especially with the Bloom switched in in a REX sunset! The guy is a dead set legend..

Hey Squeeker YMGT does look ok but it was only because of your photos so much credit belongs to you. As for somewhere else to fly from the soon to be released Jandakot, i am about 2 weeks away from finishing Brooklands Airport (known as Skydive Express), Springbett (which is abandoned) and surround landmarks around the York area (thanks to many photos from Jarrad) from his FS9 scenery. I will however need a couple of 172 statics repainted for the ground just to add another touch. hint hint. 

If you have any further locations just yell out and we will start them.

The funny thing also is i'm away for new years in wait for it..... Margeret River only a few kms from that airport.

Your photos also look fantastic.

Wes

Great work steve

btw i was Glad to be of help as you were so polite with your request & anytime time future you think i could be of assistance plz feel free to shout :)

I look forward to having another HD repaint in the 152 hanger

Cheers

Steve

Beautiful work Steven.  I too have fond memories of a number of flights in Romeo Whiskey Yankee's more battered siblings out of YPJT and over the training area...

Cheers and thanks a million.

Archived