Any update for Jandakot planned?

Stillwater

Hi,

I am still looking for a nice payware-quality base for next winters excursions in Western Australia. The location of Jandakot would be great, but ... the preview screenshots really look blurry - outdated. It can´t stand the comparison with newer Orbx masterpieces.

Do you have some upgrade planned, or any brand new WA airfield around Perth?

Thanks for teasing me...  8)

I own Jandakot and it's honestly not my favourite of the Orbx airports that I own. My favourite AU ones are Cessnock and Cairns; they're both beautiful, absolute classics, and the others that I have arent far behind. Unfortunately, I just don't feel Jandakot measures up to them. The buildings look good but the ground textures could be better. I'd also like to see improved runways rather than the FSX default ones that are there now.

It's not my intention to cause any offence, it's just my honest opinion. I'm very happy with the overwhelming majority of my purchases, it's just Jandakot that has ever caused me any real sense of disappointment. I think a Jandakot V2 would be a great idea.

No offence taken. It should be pointed out that Jandakot (alongside Coffs Harbour) out-dates every other ORBX airport currently available for purchase - I started the project in early 2007 so it's getting quite long in the tooth! At this stage I don't have any intentions to update or create a new version, but bear in mind that I did release a quite comprehensive update in 2011 which included a bunch of new content, added a bunch of the Flows and optimised a lot of the 3D work for better performance. 

If you haven't already, make sure you download a copy of Cunderdin and Busselton from our freeware section - again both are getting quite old (most of the original source 3D work dates back to 2004/2005!), but these will give you some decent options quite close to Perth. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

I don't find anything wrong at all with Jandakot... it may not have all the bells and whistles of the newer airfields but it is a very fair representation of the real thing.  It is older and not as high res as the newer firelds, but it doesn't bother me at all.  I actually visited two of Jarrad's airfields for real yesterday, with a flight I regularly make in FSX.  Got up early and jumped in a friend from the gliding club's Piper Comanche and flew from Jandakot to Cunderdin.  A full day of soaring over Cunderdin and then returned to Jandakot in the evening  8)  Was great fun, sure beat the long drive out there.

Cheers,

Derek

i myself live in perth for 34 of my years of being alive and i think that no real update is needed as it looks pretty much as it does in fsx as it does in real life,jarrad has done a corker of a job,just my 2 cents anyways :) well done orbx!

When Jandokot came out, it was wow!!!

It is still great for the time of its development, but there is no doubt, Orbx has learnt so much from 6 years of development that it is not really fair (meant in a nice way) to compare it with Orbx's current standards of knowledge and techniques used.

Australia, especially AU Blue is also a bit long in the tooth based on it was developed 6 years ago, thus so many of us are begging (nicely of course) for a Orbx overhaul using Orbx's latest standards in technology.

Whilst I would love to see a Jandokot update with the very latest in Orbx technics, only as long as it did stop further Australian airport development.

I guess it's the old thing, many including myself wanted Australia first and airports like Jandokot first, and we got our wish, but first in comes at a price in the long term.

Spacey

Archived