Saitek instrument panel

kiwi stu

Hi Everybody.

My turn for some help.

I bought my first addon instrument today..very excited I was..but 6 hours later I am about to fall on my sword,so I've admitted defeat

I can not get the thing to run.i have installed the disk and followed instructions but its a dead duck

So like a good boy I google it and everyone in the known universe has a fix..well I tried a few of them,but nothing worked,and all I've ended up with is about 4 different drivers on my desktop,and none of them seem to work.

So I've seen quite a few of you chaps set ups and you have these instrument panels,so anyone out there got any ideas?

Cheers stu

Hi Wolter..yes that's going and updated from a month or so ago when we all had to update it.

But maybe you're onto something..I've never been sure what it really does,so maybe I need to do something with it..anybody know ??

Kiwi stu

If it is the Saitek ,Throttle and Rudder pedals you are having troubles with then they are controlled through fscuipc as commented on by Wolter above. Make sure however that when in FSX go into the controller panel and remove any inputs programmed in. FSX has a habit of giving every controller you plug in a set of default inputs that will interfere with how you control the plane in fscuipc.

Ken

Hey ken.i have had saitek yoke,throttle and rudder pedals for years and all is good

This new unit is the saitek instrument panel..comes with a disk

Every time I run the disk and try and install the panel it drops out all my throttle quadrant settings and does nothing else.

The new panel lights blink a couple of times ..and then nothing

I've downloaded the latest driver for the unit..but no joy I manually try and load it at 70 percent the download stops and a error message says instal is corrupt

I'm exhausted at the mo

Stu

It's a real rat to set up first go.  So let's go.  Are you using the disk drivers?  Then don't..  Download the latest drivers from MADCATS. (Saitek)

Make sure you select the correct system Win 32 or 64 of the download unzip and should read like; Saitek_Pro_Flight_Instrument_Panel_7_0_11_1_64Bit_Full

Install the panel driver then it should ask you to install the Smart Technology Software; SD_SD7_0_24_8_64Bit_Software (Download from Mad if required).

Then

1:  Make sure your FIP is unplugged before running the driver package.  FIP = Flight Instrument Panel

2:  Run the driver package and follow on screen instructions.  The FIP driver and Saitek Direct Output will be installed

3:  Once the installation is complete, plug in the FIP to a USB.  Once it is detected, it should start a cycle picture display.

Using the FIP in FSX the first time at start up.:

After installing the FIP for the first time, FSX will ask you if you want to run the SaiFLightSim.exe plugin.  Make sure this has appeared in the start of FSX Blue screen.

Accept this and select it to automatically load each time FSX runs.

If you miss the acceptance you will have to delete the software off your system and re install again..

any probs PM me..

James

Hey Jaydor.

Ok,another day is beginning down her in Brissy. 

I have followed your instructions up until your

2: Run the driver package and follow on screen instructions. The FIP driver and Saitek Direct Output will be installed

Mate,i think this is where im going wrong...where do i find the driver package...no idea...its not on my desktop or in my downloads.

cheers stu

So,i found the Direct output driver but everytime i try and install it,it gets to about 70 percent and then an error msg comes up

An error occured during the installation of assembly

Microsoft VC80 CRT type=win32 version 8.0.50727.42 puplickeyToken="1fc8b3b9a 1e8e3b" processor Architecture="amd64

Please refer to help and Support for more information

I have tried to install numerous times but always the same !!

Help !!!!

So I download saitek pro flight instrument panel 7 0 11 1 64bit full

When I double click it it takes me to a pop window with run and cancel on it

When I choose run it takes me straight to an overwrite protection window which says that the following file is already on my computer

Do I wish to overwrite file with 5 options

Now under this window is the one I guess I want which is the saitek pro flight install panel install shield wizard...but I can't get to it as no matter what option I choose on the over write protection window,it just closes it all down....aaahhhhh

Help

Still can't run direct output installer...same outcome every time,,,

Have done numerous uninstalls of all drivers etc and reinstalls and it's always the same..can't instal direct output installer

Same error msg after 70 percent load.i know the unit is working as I left it connected when installer was trying to load a couple of times and the picture show came on and started scrolling,but because I get the error message every time I have no choice but to cancel download,

Real disappointed cause I was going to start getting some addon panels,but guess I won't now

The icon for the direct output installers as a lock on it..I have followed instructions on how to remove lock but I can't,,just doesn't happen

I give up.

Hi Jaydor,thanks for all your help mate,but I'm at my wits end,

I am no dummie..been doing this stuff for a while,but this has me beat..I've done what you suggested about removing and rebooting..it's a no go

Man,I just tried to download a service pack as part of Wolters info and my system said I don't have permission ,,how can that be when I am the administrator ?

I got nothing down here in Aussie

Hi Jaydor.i have given up.Its all because of the error below

An error occured during the installation of assembly

Microsoft VC80 CRT type=win32 version 8.0.50727.42 puplickeyToken="1fc8b3b9a 1e8e3b" processor Architecture="amd64

Please refer to help and Support for more information

I have googled and tweaked and added and deleted in my system on a million apparent fixes for this error but its a no go.

So kiss the 150 bucks good bye !!.

I am going to get myself a small 4th monitor...7 or 10 inch one and use this to display my instruments on.

I am thinking that i will still get the saitek multi switch panel or the auto pilot panel and give them a gotThe above error is to do with corrupt c++visual

files,so am thinking these other panels will probably work

thanks for your help jaydor

now back to flying i reckon

cheers stu

Last try.  Go to control panel, Programs and features, scroll to bottom and look for Saitek DirectOutput 7.0.11.1 and uninstall.

Reboot and try a new install.. 

On the new install it may say already on your computer, say yes to all and let it install do not tick register..

Hi Jaydor

Its not on there.the only Saitek on my control panel are

smart technology programming software 7.0.2.7 by mad catz and saitek SD6 Programming software 6.0.7.0

thats it.

i know where you were going with this..but i have never been able to install the direct output file..it just keeps getting to 70 percent then closing down and giving me that VC80 error.. 

Stu

I'd lover to help, but I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I have various Saitek bits and pieces (see my sig), and all I did was load and run the following;

ProFlight_Cessna_Rudder_7_0_7_0_64bit_Driver.exe

ProFlight_Cessna_Trim_Wheel_7_0_9_15_64bit_Driver.exe

Saitek_Pro_Flight_Panels_SD6_All_Software.exe

ProFlight_ThrottlePitchMixture_SD7_64_Full_pfw.exe

Smart Technology 7_0_27_13 64Bit.exe

I *do not* run FSUIPC

Be aware that you will need to go into FSX and delete all the default joystick button assignments for each device and then re-assign.

I also have the following notes:

Install all Saitek software.
Ensure to manually start the Saitek Flight Sim X plugin before running FSX.
In FSX ensure that all controllers have 'not required' joystick assignments removed.
In FSX
  Saitek Pedals
Left/right brakes: sensitivity = 75%, null = minimum
Rudder: sensitivity = 50%, null = 5%
If the brakes stay on, select (or de-select) the reverse checkbox in
the Control Axes tab for each toe (left / right brake)

Saitek TPM
If you don't have full movement.
Open C:\Users\Jeff\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls\Standard.XML
Save a backup!
Search for "Saitek Pro Flight TPM System" (in the 'SimControls.Map' section).
Adjust the AxScale values to 127
Adjust the AxNull values to 0

Hope some of that helps.

Baby screamking; Wife shouting; gotta go! :)

Hi jeff,thanks for all this info.very helpful

You might be onto something here.i think after reading your post I am going to uninstall all my saitek controllers and remove from my system completely with a registry cleaner,then reinstall them all one by one..starting with my instrument panel.

Also might disable my anti virus programme while doing it,as that can sometime do screwy things.

Bit of a job this..got some leave coming up in a week so will do it then

Thanks jeff

Cheers stu

I always disable my AV before I fly and usually before I install anything.

Before flying, I also have a batch file that stops most running services that are not necessary and a few processes (background programs) as well.

I also have it exclude both the fsx.exe process and also the whole FSX folder structure; in my case, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X and everything underneath it.

I really don't do much else, and certainly nothing funky and my laptop runs FSX just fine. Not a speed demon, by any means, but I have all sliders pretty much at ORBX recommendations and enjoy a reasonable and acceptable experience.

Cheers

Re-reading your thread I think my notes could be of limited value since it is not the "instrument panel" that I have, but several of the others.

Even so, they all work ok with the standard Saitek software and drivers; no FSUIPC and no funky file replacements, tweaks, updates, or anything else, beyond that which I have already mentioned.

Good luck, I have 'followed' this thread so I can keep an eye on how you get on: I'd also be keen on how you rate the instrument panel(s), once you get them working.

Cheers

Archived