Is this possible?

IanF

Well u guys have done a heck  of a job with the living breathing world, is it possible to ever tackle the car and boat traffic  in fsx? meaning make  it better than it is, less fps hungry too. Or is this something that can;t really be changed in fsx? Just curious.

It is entirely possible to make new traffic since they are 3D models and textures. It's something we have discussed internally but never gotten around to doing. I have to agree the default cars look pretty bad up close but they are mainly designed to be viewed at altitude which means their crude geometry does not come into play.

I always assumed that road traffic would cause a hit in frames but recently a friend of mine told me that there was no hit at all and when I tried it, I discovered that he was right so my road traffic is always up to the max now. I'm running an i5 - 3570K @ 4.4GHz so it's not a top end system either.

Orbx should fix the FSX/P3D traffic, that just would be awesome.  I would happily pay for this eye candy add on.  Seeing traffic without FPS drop would make the sim super life like.

Thank you for FTX Global by the way, it is bada#$ and much needed upgrade.

Archived