Fire in number 2

Red2112

Hi folks,

Been away a bit.

Here´s a flight I did two days ago. It was supposed to be a com´s test flight using Radar Contact and my first serious flight with the Otter. I didn´t want to fly alone and RC was the way to go. To my suprise, things turned out way different.

Initial flight was from KSFF to KBVS.

Waiting for clearance...

T1_zpsc9b8e00c.jpg

Ready to roll on rwy 21R...

T2_zpsff511cc5.jpg

Airborne...

T3_zpsddd8177a.jpg

T4_zps12279901.jpg

T5_zps1e9fc03b.jpg

Beautiful day to fly...

T7_zpsf80972ed.jpg

T8_zps1f31c429.jpg

T9_zps5fcd09c2.jpg

An alarm goes off at the office...wtf? Oh, we got nº 2 on fire!

T10_zps5562e3d4.jpg

We declare an emergency and request a nearby airport...

T11_zps96e22970.jpg

ATC sends us to Komk...

T12_zps47d2bd19.jpg

We have nº 2 under control and desending to KOMK...

T14_zps165cd545.jpg

We have a visual to KOMK and will make a turnaround...

T15_zpsf0ab09d2.jpg

On for final...

T16_zps2d376d77.jpg

Safe landing all though the passangers are a bit pissed off with me LOL..

T17_zps4c8b5ed8.jpg

Ok, we are safe now...

T18_zpsf5355f62.jpg

I forgot I had the random failure set to on :wacko:

But it was fun and exciting, and I learned somethings I didn´t know about the Otter.

Radar Contact (ATC) bitched at me a bit and gave me three strikes, but also said anyone can have a bad day 8)

Thanks for watching!

Good care,

Mike

Buy the passengers a few coldies and they will be fine , however good luck finding someone to fix your plane . Thanks Mike for the excellent shots and

commentary .

Cheers

Brad

some fine shots mate,well done in bringing here down on one engine!

Buy the passengers a few coldies and they will be fine , however good luck finding someone to fix your plane . Thanks Mike for the excellent shots and

commentary .

Cheers

Brad

Looks like it was an exciting flight.. Great shots of it.

Very nice indeed.

cheers

Iain

Thank you all for your kind comments, glad you liked the flight.

May you all have clear horizons and safe  flights!

Good care,

Mike

I love when members put together a story to go along with great screenshots, it really makes for some great reading and viewing. Congratulations on getting her down in one piece. I imagine having two throttle and/or prop axis on your controllers is a must in a situation like this.

Well done and nice shots. Sure was an exciting flight!

I love when members put together a story to go along with great screenshots, it really makes for some great reading and viewing. Congratulations on getting her down in one piece. I imagine having two throttle and/or prop axis on your controllers is a must in a situation like this.

Thank you both!

Jocko, I could not agree with you more ;)

It complements the screens and I think it also encourages folks to make more interesting flights. By no means do I say members should always have flights like this, but flying with a decente ATC and failures set to on is very worthwhile to have a more realistic and fun flight.

No, I don´t have dual throttle or prop axis on my control surface as I fly with the Saitek X52, but I don´t see that as a issue (unless you have to be fast), as you can move each lever with a right click, otherwise they will both move in tándem. Same with the Dash 8 Q-400 from Majestic.

I did have a small issue with the prop govenor of my nº 2. I would move the govenor lever to "feather" but for some reason it moved back to it´s original position. I think this has to do with the FO taking control over on the Otter in some situations, as he did not kill nº 2, I had to do that. I still have some homework to do with his aircraft, but I like what I see so far,

Thank you very much for your input Jocko, aim glad you liked it.

Good care,

Mike

Archived