Green Textures in Desert (Middle East)

Ste_88

Good day ORBX, first of all thanks for the fantastic FTX Global product, it's simply amazing

I've notated that in middle east, the colour of airports' terrain is green, even we are in desert:

There are two examples: OMAA (Abu Dhabi Intl.) and OERK (King Khaled Intl. - Saudii Arabian)

Could you correct that, please? It's really a pity don't have desert textures in desert!

Waiting for you

With Best Regards

folf.jpg

olmt.jpg

• 5 months later...

Hi all,

I was checking the support forum here to have idea about how is FTX global is working before I buy it and this issue stopped me. almost all my flights are in Middle east; so I want to ask is this issue above has been solved?

Looking for your reply.

Best regards

FTX Global's green airport pads in the desert and arid locations have not been resolved.

JV responded to a post I made in Sep 13, saying that openLC would address the problem.  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/64260-progress-update-on-globals-green-airport-pads/

I have the current FTX Global 1.20 and the latest 131215 libraries and my arid/desert airports are currently still green.  (openLC has not been released yet)

I eagerly await openLC screen shots, showing the problem has been fixed.

It would be a farce if it only can be resolved with another FTX product we have to buy. As FTX say FTXGLOBAL is a texture replacement. I understand that where is sand with the default textures there should be sand with FTXGLOBAL textures and not green gras textures. Why does FTX give us so much problems? Kind Regards Tom

Well, at least - like h3pilot - I would like to understand why all airports become green with FTX Global (which also keeps me  from buying); it would be more "bearable" if I knew ::) Where do the FSX default pads come from, and what does FTX Global with them?

Boris

• 1 year later...

I don't fly in those desert areas so I an not impacted by this issue.  And yes a landclass can be replaced to remove the green backgrounds. 

It seems to me though that if a person uses ADE or SBuilder that you would be able to replace, one at a time, the backgrounds of the offensive airports to something other than grass green.  I know that this would also mean a bunch of work but if these are regular airports perhaps it might be worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

I also noticed the same green texture problem when using FlyTampa's Dubai airport....everything is fine within the area covered by FlyTampa Dubai, but when I fly just outside that area, yeah, I hit this problem.

It would be nice if FTX Central  had an option to go back to "FSX (or P3D) Default" even with FTX Global installed.  But that'd involve manipulating the Scenery/World directory (especially the texture directory), swapping thousands of files between FTX Global and FSX/P3D default.

How can i fix my green Uluru? On arrival i was expecting a Lei and cocktail. 

Obviously one can’t expect satellite accuracy from a global texture set but errors like this can’t be as intended.

FTX-global-green-uluru.jpg

I didn't realise this thread was started back in 2013.

So I take it the official orbx response to these errors is purchase our landclass.

As a new orbx customer I’m disappointed! Nowhere in the product descriptions where these shortcomings mentioned or that purchasing of additional products where necessary to fix the errors.

Had I known of the issues with the arid areas before purchase I probably would have accepted the shortcomings more easily than having to find out for myself after purchase.

Archived