Hail to the server guys

NoLonger

Just wanted to say I just bought FTX Global and downloaded it at my highest possible speed in some 8 to 9 minutes! So HAIL to all the guys who worked on the server side of this release for making everything go so smooth, which is quite something for such a (in all regards) big release!!! ;)

Yes, thanks from me too. Although had initial problems (no downloaders were working!) I started a normal download from the cloud, finished at stable 1,2mb/s in about an hour. I went shopping, came back, download finished. Neat. Now installing.

While Jay get's us great deals on our content delivery infrastructure we do spend a good deal of money to make sure these releases come off with the least number of issues possible. We all owe Jay the kudos for making the delivery of these high demand products seem like such a breeze. He keeps our network humming along very nicely indeed.

Wonderful server service, it only took me 15 minutes to d/l the whole thing.

I don't think anyone knew how much work is involved in setting these things up.

It wasn't until I read the threads here that I realised that it's not just a simple 'flick of a switch'.

A big thanks to everyone involved in the production and the distribution of FTXG.

Really, I mean that.

Is this frustrating? 5:th try, at about 3.9 GB, server disconnected and NO resume function for the file YES I have DownloadAccelerator and it has that function, BUT it tells me that this server/file has NOT.

Yes, totally unable to even connect with the server now. This afternoon only 4kb/s!!! Frustrating so I will wait for a few days until the rush slows down.

Anyway glad to hear that it does go smoothly for some.

Yeh, been trying all morning, even with a download manager.  Same problem with resume, "no resume possible" message.  Will try the media fire now but I can´t actually see the link?

Actually, I am getting error 522 server is currently unavailable.

2 mins later....CDN 1 giving me 1.4MB /sec, wish it would make up it´s mind! Fingers crossed.

Why not just reinstall FSX? Vigilante?

Your not supposed to have to perform computer maintenance before downloading. And I'm not clearing out the cookies because then I'll have do all my bookmarks over again. The last time I did that it took me several tries just to get logged onto my bank again.

I've never had this problem downloading before.

I've been trying since last night.

My 5th on UK try took me 4 minutes just to connect to the flightsim store. Then it said 12 hours remaining.

I switched to FireFox and used CDN3. I got on right away and tried CDN2. It said 1 day.

Good for you guys who got it. Gloat! Bummer for me.

What's your refund policy?

Noel

I don't know mate, reinstall FSX if you want ....but that would just be silly, it is a normal procedure and your download will fail every time because unless you follow my instructions your computer now thinks that that incomplete and faulty download is the correct file and it will not know otherwise until you wipe it's memory of days gone past. Perhaps attempt another download on another computer or order the DMS perhaps. :)

PS Never a good idea to keep your banking details in a cache/cookie environment either, just saying. If you had any idea how easy it is for someone who wants to do nasties to get your machine to 'tell' them that info, you would never turn the internet back on again ;)

I don't want to  reinstall FSX again.  Just did that last week.  How come I didn't have to do all the stuff you mentioned when I downloaded New Zealand or Australia or any of the other regions I have?

Right now I'm on my 8th try.  I'm using the recommended Internet Download Manager and it says I still have 9 hours to go.

THIS REALLY SUCKS!

Noel

I'm just going to wait a week or so before I try again. I've already wasted too much time last night and this morning. I must not be on the 'A' List or something. I've never had this problem with any other Orbx files I downloaded. Australia was also 4+ GB and it went smoothly.

Noel

I'm just going to wait a week or so before I try again. I've already wasted too much time last night and this morning. I must not be on the 'A' List or something. I've never had this problem with any other Orbx files I downloaded. Australia was also 4+ GB and it went smoothly.

Noel

I have never had a problem downloading but I don't think there has ever been an ORBX product that has been so anticipated. I think us lesser mortals are just going to have to wait patiently, looking at the screenshots it will obviously be worth the wait.

Currently having another try , now getting between 170 and400 kb/s. Just hope it doesn't cave in near to the end.

Fingers crossed for this arvo.

Hang in there Noel. :D

I finally got it after 4 1/2 hour download using Internet Download Manager. Once I got it downloaded it installed in about 20 minutes.

I've come to the conclusion that FSX and Orbx are like a very beautiful woman.

A delight to look at.  A lot of fun to be with.  But you have to keep her in an upscale penthouse with all the amenities,

Make just a little mistake and she turns moody and cranky.  Touch her in the wrong place and she slaps you in the face.

Noel

are you referring to this page?

Orbx - FTX: Global

Below is a list of download links available for this product. Several links are provided in the event that you experience poor download performance or connection timeouts.
NOTE: We recommend the use of an internet download manager such as GetRight, FlashGet or Internet Download Manager.

Single ZIP File

File size: 4,485,578,999 bytes
MD5: a8ba6dce14b4519afe1f4cb2e6eda545

• global.jpgGlobal CDN 1:
  • global.jpgGlobal CDN 2:
  • global.jpgGlobal CDN 3:
  • de.jpgGerman Server:
  • uk.jpgUK Server:
  • au.jpgAustralian Server:
  • cloud.jpgCloud Server:

yes, hover over one of the top 3 ones and look at the link name mate, I would show you but I am on iPhone so can't do much from here, I think the first link has the flightsimstore.mediafire linkage in it

Actually how has this turned into a support thread?

Archived