DX10 issue with FTXG?

ca177

Hi support,

I'm not sure if FTXG actuallty supports DX10 or not, because I didn't find it in the manual. In case it is designed to support DX10, my FSX has a problem. There are black spots everywhere in DX10. Please see attached screenshots at KLEX. If it does not support DX10 that's fine, because it's great in DX9 also.

Thanks,

Zicheng

2013-7-27_0-3-58-441.jpg

2013-7-27_0-4-10-467.jpg

2013-7-27_0-4-2-876.jpg

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1

Probably something to do with the new 3D light system, but I'm sure it will be fixed soon as it's been said it is DX10 compatible.

nXjWS.png

In the meantime I'm going ala DX9 and ejoy this new toy!
Thanks

Same problem here.  I don't want to go to DX9 because of OOM issues, so I hope this can be fixed.  I don't really want to have to pay more money for the converter utility, but I guess I will if I have to.

Seeing this also with dx10. I've have the newest patch from Steve applied. UTX lights turned off. Shades cache deleted, but no improvement...

Otherwise lovin' it!!!

Mas

EDIT: I can't seem to get rid of these black squares now - only if reverting to DX9. I've tried unticking the Light box in FTX global, and adding back UTX lights - still black squares. Then removing UTX and FTX light - still black squares.

Would REX textures have anything to do with this? I mean, should I try and re-install some REX textures...?

Mas

Yep, we don't test with DX10 Preview Mode but use the FSX-SP2 SDK which should have not caused an issue normally. I have linked Eugene to this topic so I am sure after he has had a weekend off he'll investigate.

Using DX9 instead of UTX lights will give you much better FPS.

Same thing with me with the black squares, when running in DX10 OR DX9 mode. Hybrid mode checked or unchecked gives same results. Tried FTX Day and Night modes but no joy. Changing to full FTX regions lights are O.K. It's something that just FTXG is causing. Order Number: FSS0222863

Edit  Tried again with DX9 mode and no black squares so it's just DX10 preview mode.

I'm another one who can't go back to DX9 mode!

I thought ORBX stated it was DX10 compatible? Some people exclusively run DX10 to avoid OOM's or for its better performance, so for them that is not a workaround.

So maybe you guys can give this issue priority, because I bet a few of your customers weren't expecting this prior to buying it.

Or maybe there is something else we can do... like using DXTFixer or some related tools? I hope so.

Thanks.

Using Addon Converter X fixes this issue for me, but would still be nice to have them DX10 ready right from the install.

I bought the addon converter for this. However it doesn't seem to work. How did you do that?

Thanks.

Hello all,

quite pleased with the product overall, but very disappointed with the lack of DX10 compatibility for 3D lights.

As told above, there is a growing number of simmers (including me) that exclusively uses DX10 for quality of graphics/colors, smoothness, increased effects, and overall performance. Many recent FSX add-ons are fully compatible. I have some difficulties to understand how ORBX could have missed such testing...

Now searching for a way to just get rid of 3D lights, and waiting for a fix, as I do not want to get back to DX9. Did not play with DX9 since months...

Chris

Hello all,

quite pleased with the product overall, but very disappointed with the lack of DX10 compatibility for 3D lights.

As told above, there is a growing number of simmers (including me) that exclusively uses DX10 for quality of graphics/colors, smoothness, increased effects, and overall performance. Many recent FSX add-ons are fully compatible. I have some difficulties to understand how ORBX could have missed such testing...

Now searching for a way to just get rid of 3D lights, and waiting for a fix, as I do not want to get back to DX9. Did not play with DX9 since months...

Chris

Quick question, how do you get anti aliasing and vsync to work in DX10?

Thanks,

Quick question, how do you get anti aliasing and vsync to work in DX10?

Thanks,

Correct. nVidia Inspector for nVidia graphic cards, and RadeonPro for ATI/AMD (like me). Allows use of vsync and AA. Do a quick search with Google, all is explained on several web sites.

Chris

Same here, flying with 3 Monitores, after 5 Minutes on DX 9 OOM

Please try a fast fix for that :wacko:

Hi

I made a temporary fix for me and deactivatet the two bgl-files - now it works without lights, but look good at day

If you wonna try-here the files

3D%20Light%20deaktivatet.JPG

Edit say: Only the first file is needed, after testing again

Thank you!  No black boxes and I get to keep using DX10.

Hi

I made a temporary fix for me and deactivatet the two bgl-files - now it works without lights, but look good at day

If you wonna try-here the files

3D%20Light%20deaktivatet.JPG

Edit say: Only the first file is needed, after testing again

This should be a priority to fix. It's a gamebreaker for many

Yes, I agree.  Many are now switching over to DX10 because of the recent fixes by Steve.  This is my first purchase from Orbx and I'm hoping that they will jump on this one right away.

Guy's, don't use addon converterX for any FTX terrain products, as it will cause white squares and blotchy textures, wether it is Global or AU or even PNW.

There is support threads on this forum regarding Addon Converter incompatibility.

I'm not too worried about it. I've got a little known 3d night light program that works in DX10 mode.

I'm sure if the other guy can make a utility to make it work FTX should be able to fix it as well. I removed it prior to installing FTXG for fear of stuff overwriting each other and don't really care to have to do a fresh FSX install if they conflict either so I will patiently wait for a fix.

Hi All

Here's what i did to get around the black squares, using advice provided by hal9000 above.

First I navigated to my FSX Scenery Global Scenery directory:  C:\FSX\Scenery\Global\scenery

I then renamed the file 3D_Light_NEW_DDN_1_5.BGL  to  3D_Light_NEW_DDN_1_5.BGL.BAK.  This disables the file that DX10 cannot read correctly.  

I also created a desktop icon to the FSX Scenery Global Scenery directory so that if required I can return to the file in a flash and rename it back.

I no longer have black squares during the day, and I can still fly at night if it takes my fancy.  At night-time I see a much reduced night lighting that is similar to the old night lighting, which has the night textures showing pools of light and lit up windows but no actual streetlights.  If I want to do a scenic night tour I still have the option of renaming the file back to its orginal BGL extension and then changing back to DX9.

Until a DX10 fix is sorted this is a good compromise I believe.

Day:

Medford-Day.jpg

Night:

Medford-Night.jpg

Archived