Darker square of water where Nessie is

Kodiak73

I haven't seen mention of this yet, but I've noticed it in others screenshots and in my setup of FTX Scotland.

There is a dark square of water where Nessie circles around in and does its other things.

I figured that it was made for the stock FSX inland water textures and since I had already changed the color of the texture with REX before installing Scotland,

I tried to get rid of it by re-installing new inland blue water textures from REX, but that didn't help either.

I'm surprised that nobody else has reported this yet for a patch/fix.

Oh, by the way, FTX EU Scotland - #FSS0219287

Kodiak73

I get odd stuff lthat appears from time to time like fluttering buildings and water squares that really puzzle me.  One session it happens,  the next session it does not happen!  I get the water squares more with MegaSCeneryEarth in non orbx areas, but I do see Orbx water squares from time to time - but not as bad or as consistent.. 

When  the issues become totally annoying, I rename the old FSX.cfg file and drag it to desktop as a potential Recycle Bin candidate.   I then let FSX create a new FSX.cfg  and that usually gets everything back to normal.

If the new cfg clears up your woes then make a couple copies of it and stash them some place, like under your pillow for install when things go south again with the current cfg because...well.... it will!....it will.....

kosmo007

• 3 weeks later...

Archived