Matrox Triplehead 2Go Digital SE

Hank

Like some others on the forum, I have jumped in (without checking things out) and purchased the

Matrox Triplehead 2Go Digital SE. My problem is I'm running a EVGA GTX580 Graphics card 

which  only has two DVI outlets on it. The supplied leads are only "Display Port" connectors.

Am I now forced into buying yet another graphics card that has this "display port" outlet

built into it? If so, what is the next best Graphics card after the GTX 580 that is going to

still be compatible with my motherboard?

I didn't realise that there were three seperate Triplehead 2Go units on the market.

Why don't these manufacturers warn people about these things?

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers

Hank

Hi Hank.

I have been using a Digital TH2GO for about 5 years now and at present i have a GTX680.

This card has 2 DVI ports,so I have my TH2GO attached to one and in turn attached to 3 23" monitors and I have another single 23" monitor attached to the other port..and have calibrated my display so i can drag anything off or on my 3 monitors and onto my single monitor and back again.

I could use eyefinity with my card but have never bothered to look at how it works.

I dont know what you mean by a Digital SE.I still have the box and reciept my TH2GO Digital came in and see no reference to SE.

Hope some of this helps 

cheers stu

You want to connect the DVI output on your video card to the DisplayPort input on your TH2Go.  Perhaps this can be done with a dual link DVI (male) to DVI (male) cable connected to the video card and a DVI (female) to DisplayPort (male) adapter.

I would have a chat with Dick Smiths or some similar store - maybe even OfficeWorks.

If a converter from DVI to Display Port is available they will know about and be able to order in if not to hand right now.

Am I now forced into buying yet another graphics card that has this "display port" outlet

built into it? If so, what is the next best Graphics card after the GTX 580 that is going to

still be compatible with my motherboard?

You just need a different cable or a DVI/DP adapter - you can usually find this kind of thing on Amazon.

Thank you for your responses.

I purchased a DVI to DP adapter. Then attached it to a DVI to DVI cable and plugged the

DP end into the Matrox box. Then attached the two 27" monitors I have (still to get a third)

to the Matrox. I still had a 17" inch monitor that I attached to my spare DVI outlet on my

GTX580 GPU.

In Control Panel I went to display and only the 17" monitor came up and was the only one

working (i.e windows opened up on it). I went to the Matrox download site and installed

the latest drivers; restarted my computer and still no response from the monitors attached

to the Matrox. Thought it might make a difference if I changed the DVI's over on the GPU,

but still the same. Have sent off a support request to Matrox, but to date no response.

Gone back to just having the two 27" monitors up and running directly from the GPU

untill the problem can be resolved.

Ian your GPU seems to always get a bagging from some circles that it is not as suitable

as the NVIDIA cards for FSX; my main reason for staying clear of them. But I notice that

it has six outlet points on it...does that mean one doesn't even need a Matrox Triplehead

2Go thingy to operate with that many panels?

Cheers

Hank

Sorry Ken Terry,  the Ian message was for you.... I'm going loopy!!!!

Hank

Your 27" monitors may not be compatible with the matrox unit. 

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/th2go/digital_se/

See footnote 2 on refresh rate of 50 Hz.

I use a lower resolution of 5040 x 1050 ( 3 x 1680 x 1050) with 3 x 22" monitors at 60 Hz monitor refresh rate.  To increase the resolution to 5760 x 1080 ( 3 x 1920 x 1080) requires 3 x 27" monitors at 50 Hz monitor refresh rate.

It's all there in the fine print.  If you are going to chuck a wobbly, do it outside so that you don't damage any valuable equipment.  Next, any time you change anything to do with your video card it is a good idea to re-install the nVidia drivers.

Archived