FTX Global - Value?

Blackrat

Now listen up Orbx.

I've just realised something.

The more 'Regions' I purchase from you (England, Alaska, Wales & Scotland for starters) the less value for money FTXG will be for me as it will have to cover a smaller area.

So, I was thinking, how about a discount for people with 'Regions'.

I suggest about 10% per region would suffice. Thank you muchly.

So - 10% off because I have England, 10% for Wales, 10% for Alaska and another 10% when I get Scotland.

How about the senior's discount too as I feel over 65 a lot of the time anyway.

Ooo, ooo, and extend the GB discount to include FTXG.

That's 75% off so far. Yes?

You can't blame a bloke for trying. ::)

How about we *pay* you to download it? :)

In all seriousness though FTX Global will appeal to many first-time Orbx buyers new to our products who have not yet invested in regions and it may give them the taste for them down the track.

If you are questioning the value of a product like FTXG then perhaps it's not going to make your shopping list. You might likely wait until you see screenshots from those who purchased it or read reviews and then determine if it offers a genuine value proposition.

If the pricing model stays the same then i feel Global will be a bargin, the whole planet for $100aus is cheap when you do the currency conversion, its currently on the top of my shopping list. As i want to do most of my flying in Europe now it will work great while im waiting for regonial orbx scenerys to be released :)

I do have a very long shopping list as i need a new gfx card, a new yoke and ruder pedels etc.. as well but Global will be first :)

The more 'Regions' I purchase from you (England, Alaska, Wales & Scotland for starters) the less value for money FTXG will be for me as it will have to cover a smaller area.

Wouldn't that logic be reversed?  Global covers the world, so the regions would have less value to you because you already have ORBX textures in the area.   :D

Wouldn't that logic be reversed?  Global covers the world, so the regions would have less value to you because you already have ORBX textures in the area.   :D

To cover the world, we'd need to produce > 500 more FTX regions at a cost to you of $20,000+ and it would take 25 years, so FTXG at $99 represents remarkable value.

OK, ok, I give up. I'll buy it.

::)

your alternative is to buy 5 separated GEX products which will cost you more and will cover less (I don't want to get into the Quality compare , it is not fair and it's arguable) .

even though I understand Blackrat's claim, I do not think reduction of price is justified as it is a totally different product line.

what you could maybe do is offer a small discount to Orbx Region customer holders.

Archived