Is there a better camera viewer than the S key?

domfliss

Hi guys,

I was wondering if you could help me with something.  

Is there a camera for FSX (preferably freeware) that I can use, which will give me greater flexibility than the standard S key?

The dear old S key is fine for small zooms and panning around the aircraft; but is there a camera that I can use which will enable things like free view, or chase view and have greater zoom out levels etc?

It's one of the things I miss when I run FSX, but like most things; if I've been a complete donkey and there's actually been a utility available since the dawn of time and I've just blindly missed it; could somebody please enlighten me?  :D

Cheers

Dom

I've got both Opus and Ezca EZDock camera software... 

Personally, I prefer Ezca for my cameras as I find it has more flexibility then Opus cameras, but it is a little trickier to set up (that said, it's not difficult!). Ezca also has the dge right now when it comes to setting up "world cameras" fixed to the ground... This is a future feature of Opus I believe, but not implemented just yet.

Opus is constantly in development however so perhaps in a few more versions, I might change my mind again ;)

Don't forget also that FSX has a "fre view" mode built right in... I discovered it purely by accident, but it works great... Just hold the space bar down and move the mouse around... You might like the result ;) (and it's free!)

I've got both Opus and Ezca EZDock camera software... 

Personally, I prefer Ezca for my cameras as I find it has more flexibility then Opus cameras, but it is a little trickier to set up (that said, it's not difficult!). Ezca also has the dge right now when it comes to setting up "world cameras" fixed to the ground... This is a future feature of Opus I believe, but not implemented just yet.

Opus is constantly in development however so perhaps in a few more versions, I might change my mind again ;)

Don't forget also that FSX has a "fre view" mode built right in... I discovered it purely by accident, but it works great... Just hold the space bar down and move the mouse around... You might like the result ;) (and it's free!)

The spacebar -mouse trick is great for pilot view, no need for Track- IR. 8)

I use the middle scroll wheel instead of spacebar/mouse combo. When I press the middle scroll wheel it does the same thing and I can look around that way but stop to use switches etc. exactly where I want to while still keeping my left hand on the yoke. I was using TrackIR but it's too hard to activate cockpit switches with it. I also use the mouse scroll wheel as elevator trim wheel which allows for fine trimming. That comes through FSUIPC. Very handy setup.

Id use EZdoc again, but I cant even get the thing to load up on my computer anymore. That software...royal pain in the butt to work with...

I have to agree with you, whilst I can get most cameras set up for inside the cockpit with the various views I like to set up give me easier access to the panels, I do find the outside cam very trick to use as it always seems to wind up getting a mind of its own and zooming off into space leaving my airport and shot 100's miles away!  (So annyoying)  

Is there a camera for FSX (preferably freeware) that I can use, which will give me greater flexibility than the standard S key?

Despite it having its bad habits, I'd have to put my vote on Ezdok too.

Not sure if it's the same thing but you used to be able to adjust the tower view in an earlier version of MS flight sim and they dropped it in FSX I quite liked looking at my replays from the camera at the end of the runway to see the plane pass over head and then check out how you lined up with the center line on crosswind landings. Do these camera add-ons do that? Or is there a way of doing this in FSX?

Archived