ZQK1J.jpg

xWCQY.jpg

710Nn.jpg

a5Dkn.jpg

fw6AL.jpg

3feE.jpg

jte2J.jpg

w9TC.jpg

Feeling rather nostalgic today, I posted a flight out of my hometowns airport for a quick tour down the Alberni Inlet - Destination: Bamfield and beyond to Tofino.

Transportation: DeHavilland DHC2- MkIII Turbo Beaver Amphibian

Creators: Barry Blaisdell, Jean-Pierre Brisard, Bob May, Kevin Pardy

Special Thanks to Bob May for assisting me with getting this plane working properly for me.

Alberni Inlet (formerly known as Alberni Canal) is a long, narrow inlet.

Port Alberni is a deep port city which lies within the Alberni Valley at the head of the Alberni Inlet, Vancouver Island's longest inlet it stretches from the Pacific Ocean at Barkley Sound about 40 kilometres (25 mi) inland terminating at Port Alberni.  Port Alberni is a city located in the province of British Columbia in Canada.

(The second to last picture is the Village of Bamfield) - My mom (RIP) was raised there as a girl - I have many fond memories of salmon fishing as a kid  - and even commercial fished from there for a summer or two)

Bamfield is a community that is surrounded by Crown Land, Indian Reserves, and portions of the Pacific Rim National Park, located on Barkley Sound, Vancouver Island in British Columbia. The community, with a population of 155 as of 2011,[1] is divided by Bamfield Inlet.

You bring back some good  memories for me Greg with these great shots . When I was much younger , my friends and I trolled countless hours in Barkley sound seeking the elusive King Salmon . 

I especially liked your shots in and around Bamfield . 

Cheers

Brad

Archived