A Dash and a Spit

With all the recent hoo-hah about the Dash8, I was getting Spitfire withdrawal symptoms, so here's one to redress the balance - the Brendon Deere MkV in A2A MkII shape:

Posted Image

Oh how I wish this was an ATR-72! I just love the "old" style ANZ livery. So much more stylish than the new "black" abomination. Why fix what wasn't broken? Grrr ...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Adam.

Hi Adam

Excellent shots, about time you posted some shots of the Dash 8. Not fair on the Dash 8 including the beautiful spitfire though.

How are you enjoying the Dash? I am finding it a real joy. However I do agree, shame it’s not a ATR-72, but it does look similar.

Bob

Excellent shots, about time you posted some shots of the Dash 8. Not fair on the Dash 8 including the beautiful spitfire though.

How are you enjoying the Dash? I am finding it a real joy. However I do agree, shame it’s not a ATR-72, but it does look similar.

Nothing will ever compare to a Spit, so - yes - *totally unfair*!!! :lol:

My Dash8 install seemed to work fine - with no issues at all (touch wood!). I'm sure there'll be loads of additional functionality/tweaks in forthcoming service packs, but it all worked pretty well out of the box for me, with good framerates, excellent sound and OPUS weather and DHM compatibility. I'm a happy camper! My FSX "default" lineup is now as follows:

1) Military: A2A Spit (then P-40, P51, B-17).

2) G/A: Carenado Kingair B200.

3) Commercial Jet: PMDG 737 NGX.

4) Commercial Prop: Majestic Dash8.

5) Fun: PZL Wilga, A2A B377, CS C-130.

That's 10 *excellent* payware aircraft ... other than half a dozen amazing freeware, do I really need the remaining 200? :lol:

@Iain & kilby - thanks!!

Nothing will ever compare to a Spit, so - yes - *totally unfair*!!! :lol:

My Dash8 install seemed to work fine - with no issues at all (touch wood!). I'm sure there'll be loads of additional functionality/tweaks in forthcoming service packs, but it all worked pretty well out of the box for me, with good framerates, excellent sound and OPUS weather and DHM compatibility. I'm a happy camper! My FSX "default" lineup is now as follows:

1) Military: A2A Spit (then P-40, P51, B-17).

2) G/A: Carenado Kingair B200.

3) Commercial Jet: PMDG 737 NGX.

4) Commercial Prop: Majestic Dash8.

5) Fun: PZL Wilga, A2A B377, CS C-130.

That's 10 *excellent* payware aircraft ... other than half a dozen amazing freeware, do I really need the remaining 200? :lol:

@Iain & kilby - thanks!!

Hey there Adam. Glad to hear you're enjoying the dash. I love it and like you worked well out of the box.

You getting the 777 from you know who?

Jas

... sadly i can't view the pictures ... don't know why, but all it says is: Posted Image .. but no image visible ... :(

anyways Adam: Great You enjoy Your FSX!

Cheers, Christoph

P.S.:  ...maybe its due to some more maintainance work at the forums that the pictures do not show ...

Going to check later again!

Hi Moonman! I'd definitely say it's maintenance related - though a CTRL-refresh might help you out in the meantime.

I can't seem to get the "quote" function to work either. I have to post a new message each time. I'll pop a note up somewhere as whoever's having to do all this work may need some thanks and encouragement!!

Adam.

Archived