SAK - Ice Angels (Alesk River & Glacier Area)

Jocko Flocko

This is a flight around the Alesk River & Glacier area using the recently released FTX Southern Alaska. The airfield I depart to the north from is AK76 (East Alsek River), it's just one of many small strips located in this part of the region. The ice fields to the north provide some spectacular scenery and offer some pretty challenging STOL ski landing areas. The aircraft being flown is a Piper Pacer by Lionheart Creations.

[media]http://youtu.be/UKNQ8CjRDEI

Happy Flights!

-Jocko

Fantastic video! Loved the music too--very dramatic. Sounded like a theme from a movie?

Shhhh, ;) Yup, the music after the 5:30 minute mark is from a 1997 movie called "The Edge" starring Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin. I found the movie quite good actually if you pay any attention to what "movie critics" had to say about it -I thought Hopkins acting was tremendous personally. It also had some fantastic cinematography that was shot in the Alaskan and Northern British Columbia wilderness, some of the plane scenes are quite well done. The reason why I stopped mentioning the music anywhere in the descriptions of my video's is because YouTube censors not only pick up off of the video's audio waveform but also off of the videos' description. I find if you break up the audio file and use different pieces of it at different points and positions the censors are less likely to "flag it".

The first bit of music is actually some licensed 'video music' I purchased years ago for about 30$ by Stripsound.

Ah ha! I thought it sounded vaguely familiar. I just saw that movie for the first time the other day. The mechanical bear was particularly impressive. I also thought the crash scene was done well.

It's a shame you have to be so careful about the accompanying music. Nevertheless, you made some great choices and did a wonderful job on the video overall.

I like this a lot....I've put 2 GoPro cameras on my Super Cub and would like to make video collages too!

You have a real life Super Cub? I would absolutely love to see some video's if you ever get any footage while flying. The Piper Super Cub is definitely my favorite 'Bush Aircraft'. The first time I went for a flight in one, and flew one, I instantly fell in love with her. One day I will *own* one myself, one day... :-

Archived