SAK screenshot comparisons with default FSX

Hi all,

it's become something of a tradition for me at the end of a project to check a bunch of locations in the coverage area against the FSX default landscape and textures -- it gives one that warm fuzzy feeling of accomplishment 8)

I realize that some of you are using Ultimate Alaska X and/or some ground texture replacements and landclass add-ons, meaning your southern Alaska isn't FSX default anymore. While we can't post screenshots using other vendor's add-ons I've included the aircraft position & orientation data for each screenshot, which you can copy & paste into your FSX World > Map menu (while in slew mode) to jump to that exact location.

The screenshots were taken with identical display settings (all sliders to the right except water effects at Mid 2.x) using saved flight situations. I've used the "Orbx 4" weather theme in all shots, the ENB series HDR filters with John's settings, and REX sky, cloud, and water themes "cold blue", "cumulus 21", and "FTX calm", respectively. My view zoom level is typically .30 or .40.

Bear Glacier -- aircraft at N59°53.92' W149°30.28', alt 6687ft, heading 338°

Posted Image

Brady Glacier -- aircraft at N58°18.71' W136°36.56', alt 5008ft, heading 315°

Posted Image

Copper River estuary -- aircraft at N60°22.74' W145°06.04', alt 8848ft, heading 20°

Posted Image

Chilkat River and Haines -- aircraft at N59°11.65' W135°26.79', alt 5400ft, heading 302°

Posted Image

Juneau Gustineau Channel and Harbor -- aircraft at N58°20.47' W134°30.67', alt 2858ft, heading 100°

Posted Image

PANC and Anchorage -- aircraft at N61°09.95' W150°04.90', alt 4797ft, heading 60°

Posted Image

Seward -- aircraft at N60°04.24' W149°23.27', alt 7634ft, heading 313°

Posted Image

Tazlina Glacier -- aircraft at N61°46.43' W146°24.72', alt 8700ft, heading 187°

Posted Image

Valdez -- aircraft at N61°06.17' W146°25.20', alt 4735ft, heading 74°

Posted Image

Whitehorse -- aircraft at N60°40.75' W135°01.37', alt 4863ft, heading 326°

Posted Image

Cheers, Holger

Holger et. Al. You have done a wonderful work, IMO an instant winner.

Great way to show what SAK is about.

I looked at the KMZ file earlier today. Could we/you start a compatibility thread with other products? What to exclude or disable?

Thanks for posting this.

Cheers.

Hi Ramon and Mike,

I'll start a separate thread for Ultimate Alaska X compatibility tomorrow because it's technically more involved than with the other NA regions. However, I have written a batch file so a few clicks will achieve all required file deactivations.

Cheers, Holger

Mike, thanks for the links.

I did a new install last week (Changed FSX Deluxe for Gold) and was about to reinstall UTX Alaska.

Asked because I don’t want to mess things up before the upcoming SAK.

ORBX SAK makes stock FSX scenery look like FS2000.

EDIT: Just saw Holger's post above. Thank You.

Cheers.

Hi Holger, I noticed you tweaked CYXY airport ( Whitehorse) thanks, and for all the great work.

One side question, where are all the great "signatures" from? It seems everyone has customized thiers.

Archived