VH-IVZ Carenado C152II Repaint

Gizmo

As this seems to be the place to pimp your repaints and re-colours heres my lastest ;)

Posted Image

Manufacturer : Carenado/Cessna

Model : C152II

Specs: VH-IVZ

Release Date: 31th October 2008

Painter: Gizmo

Its been uploaded to the Ozx FTP i just await for it to be added the GA repaint downloads list

but if you dont want to wait for that heres a RapidShare link in the meantime

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Enjoy

Gizmo

Guest Private-Cowboy

Uh man, that looks great. Just downloaded it (couldn't wait ;D ) and hat a quick look at the textures. Mighty fine work there. And custom spec maps again. Hats off! That paint scheme is a beauty indeed and you not only did it justice, you did it honor.

Guest Private-Cowboy

My goodness, you have to see that paint with your own eyes (eh, own FSX). If bloody incredible...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Is there a donation box or something I can throw a dime (or a few more) into so you can get yourself a well deserved coldie.

I've just installed this paint and like a kid with a new toy, just looked at it parked in the hanger. I don't want to take it out in the weather as it might get dirty.

Carenado has given us a great model here and you Gizmo have given us a wonderful way to show it off. Thank you for that.

One minor point though, why is it that most of the painters produce very detailed outside textures and overlook changing the rego number on the panel?

Guest Private-Cowboy

I modified the panel so it does not display any number at all there. I tried to add the reg number myself but the fonts all looked ugly so I removed the reg number plate in the panel and VC completely.

Has anybody tried to change the lighting effects (nav lights, beacon and such)? The Carenado lights look very big and blotchy. Something more discreet would be nice - like those effects ESDG uses.

Gizmo, I've a question. What does the fresnel ramp do? I'm asking because the first paint of yours (the VH-UWR) has a fresnal ramp and the new one has none. Also the Carenado paints don't come with a fresnel ramp where many of my other addons/paints use a fresnel ramp. What is the function of the fresnel ramp?

Really great job Gizmo!! Great looking paint mate. ;D  Really looking forward to flying it.

I've just installed this paint and like a kid with a new toy, just looked at it parked in the hanger. I don't want to take it out in the weather as it might get dirty.

Carenado has given us a great model here and you Gizmo have given us a wonderful way to show it off. Thank you for that.

One minor point though, why is it that most of the painters produce very detailed outside textures and overlook changing the rego number on the panel?

Unfortunately with the Carenado aircraft, the copyright agreeement only allows the modification and public distribution of certain (external) textures without permission, and even then not the bump or spec maps. So as a result, modifying intrument panels etc and distributing them would breach copyright. (Unless, as with Russ and his VH-SOM Mooney cockpit, there is a nod from Carenado). All my repaints have the pilot(s) and panels modified on my local machine, but I do not distribute these files.

Cheers, Steve.

Wow

Thanks for all the Feedback and kind words guys :)

@ PC i think what you wrote in your first reply has tobe the nicest thing anyone has ever said about any of my repaints so thank you very much and thanks for the killer shots :)

I Got one more C152II repaint in the pipe for you guys and thats just gone up to the Ozx FTP i'll make a new post about it in a moment or 2

im pretty blasted out with the Flu atm(dam britsh winter time) so i'll get around to the fresnel ramp question till then check THIS link ,looks like i forgot to remove it from my first VH-UWR paint as you say its not need so you can delete it if you like

Thanks again for all the kind works its replies like these that keep us re-painters going :)

Cheers

Steve

Guest Aussieman

Wow, nice work Gizmo!  Seems like the 152 is creating a repaint fever around the traps eh?

Yeah JV ..... at the expense of the other Carenado Cessnas  :'( :'(

Cheers

Pat

Archived