Peopleflow/ Staticflow

davidzill

Very well. So what is peopleflow and staticflow? I could find anything in the product advertisements detailing what these do. I saw the Orbx YouTube videos that showed cargo handlers loading baggage into the cargo compartments of user aircraft, I thought that is what that was.

I saw the Orbx YouTube videos that showed cargo handlers loading baggage into the cargo compartments of user aircraft, I thought that is what that was.

Are you sure that was a user aircraft? There are a number of static aircraft (especially 737s) at several airports that have this feature as pure "eye candy"...

Cheers

Mallard

Hi David,

Putting it simply, people flow is a library of animated models of people (and some non-animated ones). When the developers make an airport, they can place these people around the airport area to enhance the level of detail... and some of the animations are designed to "interact" with buildings or other parts of the scenery (like the guy with the broom, or the guy cleaning windows ;) )

Static flow is the same basic idea... but with static aircraft models. The stock FSX static airplanes are usually very low quality, so static flow gives us the ability to make and use very high quality airplanes dotted around the airport... They are however just models and are, as the flow suggests, static. They are however very high quality and can easily be mistaken for a user airplane ;)

recently, some of the newer people flow animations have been designed specifically to "interact" with certain static flow airplanes... You have mechanics working on exposed engines bays, or even baggage handlers loading a ramp... These are however purely animations and there is no real interactivity going on... though the end result is a massive increase in realism and immersion as I am sure you would agree.

Hope this helps clarify!

• 3 weeks later...

and what happened to our dancing girl at the spruce goose cafe ??? we saw a video clip when advertising the airport but then it was gone

That wasnt a video advertising an airport but a tech demo for people flow 2. It was also said that this female dancer wouldnt be part of a scenery. Well, sadly. Maybe there will be an opportunity, maybe at on of those barbeque pool parties ;)

Archived