The Dream continues..

troyco

Thank you, guys. I do appreciate the kind words.

I started off the day, knowing that this would be a taxing one. It was all about the wiring and switches on the yokes.

I already had a wiring diagram, supplied by Gwyn Perrett, so he'd done a lot of the work for me.

What I hadn't counted on, was that the previous owner had changed the wiring. So I was left with no alternative than to pull the yoke head apart and check continuity and work out what the new wire colours were.

It took some time, but I finally figured it out. I stripped out some of the wiring I won't use, just to lighten the load.

I've now routed the wiring on the FO's side and put it all back together. It's ready to go throo the floor now.

All that's left is to re-solder up the Captain's side yoke harness, which I'd previously removed, as I wasn't happy with the joining. I'll make sure the same colour code is adhered to, as some of the wiring may need to be joined.

I say this, as the captain and FO both have pitch trim switches and it would be easy to hook them up together. I'm not sure if there is any advantage in hooking them up separately, yet.

It's not a simple answer, as it depends on having extra inputs on the I/O board, but I'm pretty confident that I would.

The other point to consider is the wiring method. The FDS cards have a common earth that needs to be wired in a certain way. I learned this the hard way with my MIP, when I wired them in series, instead of parallel.

But, at the moment, I'll just concentrate on finishing of the looming and then get set to put the flooring back down.

I'd really like to get to that stage tomorrow. That would leave me all week to start putting the shell and components back together.

Ohh, I just thought. I'll make up a drawing to outline the wiring of the yokes. While mine has been modified, it could lend some insight to others who might be in a similar position.

So, that's the plan.

More to come......

Frank

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guys.

John, time is my own now, retired is just a word....hahaha

And, as I've heard said before, when you are doing something you love, it's not work.........yeah, so I guess that's not sweat, either!

Graeme, Boeing wouldn't have a clue when it comes to simulation on this level. Their expertise lies in real aircraft and real simulators, the one's that have a lot of zero's after them.

The problem I need to solve is a very specific one, one that only applies to my sim. Everybody wires their sim up similarly, but I'm adding real aircraft components to the mix.

I'm sure I'll work it out when I get to it.

Anyway, it's been a dream weekend of work, here. I finished off the Captain's wiring loom.

Bvd5D.jpg

Then I got to and made a new support post for the pitch centring mechanism. Here it is:

L9Vzr.jpg

I made this up from some steel strap. It should last the distance......hahaha

So, I fitted it and it worked like a charm. I was able to get more tension on the pitch centring and it works much better.

ZqB4h.jpg

jOqRV.jpg

So, then it was time to break out the shop vac and vacuum up all my mess before laying the flooring back down. I put the top two sheets down first, cutting the holes for the looms in the process:

KM0Lr.jpg

Then the others went on and she was sealed up again.

Wt5pM.jpg

I then grabbed the checker plate lino and laid it out on the floor. I thought I'd lay it out overnight, it might get some of the wrinkles out of it.

CZyX5.jpg

I'll have 2 strips, 1.3 metres wide. The join won't be seen, as it's hidden by the throttle and pedestal panels.

I'm going to mark out the position of the yoke and cut the hole in the lino, and then lay it back on the floor. Rather than glue it down with contact cement, I'm going to staple it and then do some aluminium strips on the side to finish it off.

It's got a really nice feel to it, non-slip and comfortable on bare feet.

TRcz4.jpg

Tomorrow, I'd like to have the flooring finished and be working on finishing the MIP. When I had to move earlier in the year, I was half way throo installing new Flight Illusion gauges to the MIP, so I'd like to finish those off and make sure everything is working 100% before putting the shell back on.

I'll be laying down some protective covering on the lino, so as to keep it in top nick. I'd hate to start hacking it up before I get the flight deck finished.

So, again, that's the plan moving forward.

More to come.........

Frank

You guys crack me up!

Anyway, you know the old saying, "life is full of vesta situations".

Well, today it came true.

Last night, I'd rolled out the lino on the captains side of the floor. Today, I had a thought, "I should roll out the other side as well and see how they butt up together". 

So, that I did. Just as well, because they were different colours. The first 3 metres, I'd bought from the Bunnings Caloundra store and the second 3 metres I'd bought from the Bunnings Rothwell store.

Obviously the same lino, but there was a slight change of colour in the batch.

Hmmm, thinking cap on here. I didn't want to waste 3 metres of lino....what would I do with it anyway?

So, I got on the phone to Bunnings at Rothwell and explained my dilemma. The manager lady was lovely and courteous and offered to take back the 3 metres I'd bought from Caloundra and give me an exchange with the lino from their shop.......how good is that?

I'd say that they've won me, but the truth is I've been paying the wages at the local Bunnings since I started my project anyway.......hahahaha, just joking!

It was a nice thing to do, tho. So, I raced out to the cave, grabbed the 3 metre roll and headed off to Rothwell. That's a 20 minute drive for me, so when I got there, I took it down to the Service counter and explained myself.

All was good and they asked me to take the roll back down to the lino section and they'd meet me there. I did exactly that.

When I got there, I compared the lino I had to what they had on the roll......oh, no, it was the same colour!

I thought about it and then the penny dropped. I'd bought the wrong 3 metres back to Rothwell. The roll I had was the one I'd bought off them a few days back.

I quickly found the guy who was serving me, told him what an idiot I was and then raced back home.

I grabbed the other roll, which was clearly darker than the Rothwell one and headed back again.

I finally arrived back with the right roll and then took it straight down and checked it against the roll there. It was clearly darker! Whew, what a relief.

The guy turned up and cut me off a replacement 3 metres and I headed off back home, a little tired and worn out, but happy.

I took both rolls out and rolled them out on the sim floor. They look the same, Yahooo!

I had some other things to do this arvo, so I'll let them sit overnight and attack it first thing in the morning.

For me, I've had enough excitement for one day.

More to come......

Frank

I'm building a play table for my son right now Frank, I completely understand having to run back and forth to the hardware store (Lowe's here but I think you have the same thing called Master's there)  I think I have made 14 separate trips just for a 6 foot by 4 foot table!

Yeah, we keep them guys employed, Ryan.

So, disaster struck this afternoon. I'm really gutted.

I started off, today, getting the first piece of lino laid down on the captains' side of the floor. It went fairly smoothly.

T27O5.jpg

I needed to pull it taut here and then staple it down.

The cut-out for the yoke was neat enough, now all I need to do is trim it and then put the surrounds back on.

hzT4N.jpg

So, after this side was done, I moved on to the FO's side. I marked out the lino, where the yoke would be and cut the hole out.

I then fitted it over the yoke and was sliding it down the yoke. At this stage, I felt something give way. I wasn't sure If I'd popped a spring or what.

So, I cautiously pulled the lino down and took a look. The yoke is sitting at a funny angle, this is not good.

I look down the yoke hole and I can see the problem. The FO's yoke has snapped the mount at the end of the cross over shaft.

hm1sR.jpg

GreWT.jpg

The thing I hadn't accounted for was the integrity of the welding on the shaft.

I'm back to the drawing board. I need to take it all apart again and have the shaft re-welded.

I was really feeling like I'd made a lot of progress this last few weeks, now I'm back to square zero.

If I had to see the silver lining, it would be that I discovered it now and not in a few weeks time, when the shell was back on and all the components back in the flight deck.

However, looking at it now, that is cold comfort.

Frank

You are kidding! I feel your pain Frank but these things were sent to try us. You've overcome adversity in the past, rather it happens now than when you're all set up. However I appreciate you must be a bit peed off. Keep on keeping on mate.

Everybody keeps telling me to look at the bright side and they are right.

It's just a matter of keeping focused and getting it fixed. To that end, my good mate, Gordon Turner has offered to re-weld it, so tomorrow, I'm up to my armpits.

I hope to have the flooring back up and the shaft out by days end tomorrow.

I'll then take it over to Gordon's place on Friday and see if he can repair it.

Frank

Hey Frank

As with many here I've been following with keen interest, the work and attention to detail is astonishing.

You're a breath of fresh air and music to my reading, dedicated to perfection and perserverance.

As you now know from the lino escapade, perfection comes in many colours (grey and greyer).

Thankyou for sharing your experiences throughout the build you have me absolutely captivated.

Cheers Jeff

Thanx Jeff.

It's a funny thing, you know.

When I started the original thread on my sim build (which is about 40 or 50 thousand hits ago) I had no idea that so many people would follow it. I've said this before and I'm still astounded that it captivates such a wide variety of people.

It's almost turned into a daily blog, only paid for by ORBX. I enjoy updating it regularly as it gives me a bit of perspective and a feeling of achievement, looking back on the progress.

A lot has happened inside of a year.

And the ORBX followers are a great bunch of guys, always respectful and I can't remember ever seeing a nasty comment on any of the threads, here.

It might not seem so, but I know I'm reaching the end of the jouney, I'd honestly say, a matter of months, so what comes after, I don't know.

Having this second great sim set-up has certainly been a great respite from the building side. I fly the ORBX sky's almost nightly, with 147 landings and 152 hours in total this year alone. Of course that is on the 737-800.

I've just finished my latest flight from Esperance in WA to Kalgoorlie-Boulder airport.

The set-up here has 2 x 32" screens in high def, so it's a bit of a high def ORBX feast every night, as I plan my routes that I will eventually fly in the cockpit, when it's finished.

I really do appreciate ORBX for letting these threads run so long and giving me a chance to share my dream.

Hopefully, it will continue for a while yet,

Frank

Truly inspirational Frank

Its like a great book /adventure tale that grabs you till the very last word, lots of twists in the plot, hanging on every single moment, your reality is our dream. Although it is sad that the book will soon be finished when the final piece is installed, a new sequal I hope with many videos, Father and son sitting together in the cockpit enjoying many happy hours flying the ORBX skies, I don't know of any greater reward than to sit back and revel in the marvellous work you have assembled. 

What project next: Hmmmmm!!! let me suppose........................,  maybe a heli sim with full motion platform the projections of views above, below, and to the sides should be interesting and relatively straight forward for a guy with your many talents, it might also be interesting to create the illusion of actual spinning rotors, but your're gonna need a bigger room LOL

On a side note : Have you thought about installing some sort of HALON fire suppression to protect your vast investment or indeed include it in your home insurance.

Cheers Jeff

Truly inspirational Frank

Its like a great book /adventure tale that grabs you till the very last word, lots of twists in the plot, hanging on every single moment, your reality is our dream. Although it is sad that the book will soon be finished when the final piece is installed, a new sequal I hope with many videos, Father and son sitting together in the cockpit enjoying many happy hours flying the ORBX skies, I don't know of any greater reward than to sit back and revel in the marvellous work you have assembled. 

What project next: Hmmmmm!!! let me suppose........................,  maybe a heli sim with full motion platform the projections of views above, below, and to the sides should be interesting and relatively straight forward for a guy with your many talents, it might also be interesting to create the illusion of actual spinning rotors, but your're gonna need a bigger room LOL

On a side note : Have you thought about installing some sort of HALON fire suppression to protect your vast investment or indeed include it in your home insurance.

Cheers Jeff

+1 8)

So, anyway I sat around last night feeling sorry for myself and had a good whinge to my wife. She consoled me and then told me to "harden up, princess".

That hit the spot. This morning I went to the gym, nice and early and then when I got back home, I got stuck in.

I pulled out all the staples carefully and then removed both pieces of lino. Pulled up the floor and then undid all of the connections to the shaft. It came out, eventually.

I then discovered that there were bolt holes in both ends of the shaft. If they'd had bolts in them, this may not have happened. However, upon inspection of the weld that broke, it was nowhere near penetrative enough to hold.

It doesn't really matter, what's done is done, it's just a matter of getting it re-welded and getting it back in.

I've made arrangements for the re-welding later in the week, so I can now use the time to do some other stuff in the mean time.

More news as it comes to hand.........

Frank

I've just spent another few hours out there. I bought the bolts to go in the ends of the shaft.

I also took a look at the welding on the other end of the shaft and it wasn't the best either, so I ground it off and cleaned up the plates and shaft and have assembled them temporarily. 

I also took the time to remove the side of the shell again, so that when I'm ready, it will be easy to slip it back on past the yokes, now.

And while I was there I removed the overhead rails. I made some fillers for the overheads a few weeks back and the clearance was too small, so I removed the fillers and I'll make another two from thinner material.

I also took the time to give the garage a clean-up. Little bits of steel swarf and wood dust are a killer for the PC's and electronics I've got stashed away in there.

So, it has been a productive day, in the end.

More to come.........

Frank

I've just spent another few hours out there. I bought the bolts to go in the ends of the shaft.

I also took a look at the welding on the other end of the shaft and it wasn't the best either, so I ground it off and cleaned up the plates and shaft and have assembled them temporarily. 

I also took the time to remove the side of the shell again, so that when I'm ready, it will be easy to slip it back on past the yokes, now.

And while I was there I removed the overhead rails. I made some fillers for the overheads a few weeks back and the clearance was too small, so I removed the fillers and I'll make another two from thinner material.

I also took the time to give the garage a clean-up. Little bits of steel swarf and wood dust are a killer for the PC's and electronics I've got stashed away in there.

So, it has been a productive day, in the end.

More to come.........

Frank

Sounds great Frank!

Especially when keeping in mind that in many cases it is all these "small" things which often make a huge difference!

Good to read that things are progressing well!

I'm sorry, it's been a bit quiet on the western Front, here.

I had to wait till this morning to get my shaft welded up.

Oh, and yes Roger, I did think about the other end. Here's a pic of the shaft just after it had broken off:

TPOV.jpg

And here's the whole kit and caboodle coming out again!

lu2Iq.jpg

So, I got to and ground both ends off and then found 2 new bolts to put in the ends of the shafts. It will add a little extra strength.

I then took the shaft over to my old mate, Stewart this morning. This guy has been welding for 35 years and knows a thing or two about it.

He did a fabulous job, wouldn't take any payment, but i'll fix him up. I'll drop a bottle of Johnnie over to him this week. bet he can't say no to that......hahaha

Took the shaft home and painted her up. Now she's just like a bought one...

PUh19.jpg

Can't see these coming off again?

Tjuom.jpg

kpZiI.jpg

A few hours later after sunbaking for a while in the hot Queensland winter sun... Bob's your uncle, let's get it back in.....

And another few hours later:

V02PE.jpg

lhQnu.jpg

Time to lock it up downstairs and get the floor boards back on and the lino down.

mORt4.jpg

w8DJa.jpg

That certainly looks better than before. I'll staple it all down on Monday and do the finishing off, ready for the MIP installation.

I need to start thinking about my next steps now and make sure I don't forget or miss anything.

It's not easy, this project management stuff.....hahaha

More to come...............

Frank

Hi Frank

I went in a Sim Industries 737 Fix based (1.2million) trainer yesterday - I just wanted to share with you how 'Stiff' the tension on the yokes is. I really wonder how it is in real life?

In a sim such as we are building I really wonder how practical it is to set it too stiff - whats your view mate?

In a real plane (I checked with a Ryanair pilot) you 'select' attitude, 'hold' attitude and 'trim' the controll is NOT trimmed to its natural centre position, it is trimmed to where the attitude is selected and held - I suppose this is a limitation with a centre sprung system, what are your thoughts on this?

BTW - the Rockwell Collins Visual System was something else man. I beleive the Simulator Software was either Boeing or Rockwell too

These are very good and valid questions, Andrew.

If I remember correctly, the breakout pressure is 32 pounds of force (this is a Boeing figure).

The second one is more intriguing.

Whilst I'd like to aim for intricate authenticity, it is beyond my scope to achieve the type of trim you describe. I was asked about this on another commercial sim and it's a tough call.

In the real bird, the yoke sits forward at ten degrees in neutral. Another ten degrees forward is full forward travel and ten degrees back (which would be 90 degrees or vertical) would be full back travel.

To trim at any point in that travel would require a motorised pulley or gears system, which would make for a very complicated set-up.

I opted for the visual method. It's not as visually authentic, but when you use the trim switch it visually represents the aircraft trimming. No extra expense or motorised components, but almost as effective.

Unfortunately, this is the fine lines that you have to contemplate when spending the family coffers.

Good points, mate,

Frank

These are very good and valid questions, Andrew.

If I remember correctly, the breakout pressure is 32 pounds of force (this is a Boeing figure).

The second one is more intriguing.

Whilst I'd like to aim for intricate authenticity, it is beyond my scope to achieve the type of trim you describe. I was asked about this on another commercial sim and it's a tough call.

In the real bird, the yoke sits forward at ten degrees in neutral. Another ten degrees forward is full forward travel and ten degrees back (which would be 90 degrees or vertical) would be full back travel.

To trim at any point in that travel would require a motorised pulley or gears system, which would make for a very complicated set-up.

I opted for the visual method. It's not as visually authentic, but when you use the trim switch it visually represents the aircraft trimming. No extra expense or motorised components, but almost as effective.

Unfortunately, this is the fine lines that you have to contemplate when spending the family coffers.

Good points, mate,

Frank

Frank

Completely Understood!

I face the same parameters and constraints my friend!!!

I did however go for the Simujabs fully motorised Dual linked system; when it arrives I will PM you photos, then I will test and report.

In the meantime I am going to find a way of measuring 32 pounds of force, then go to the (let's call it Cambridge Sim) and measure that!

Thanks for your input Frank; Simcerely (pun *Not* intended, iphone issues; i like it though so i'll leave it!!!) I really appreciate it

Keep up the good work mate

Regards

Andrew

3rd Edit - I can't wait till you start on the Visuals; I wait for this part :)

Ok, so it being Dad's day, Happy Fathers Day, guys!  I had my beautiful daughter over last nite to cook me some lovely patty cakes.....oooh, my weakness.

Then we had a car run out to Imbil today.

But when I got home, I can't just sit there, so out I went.

Lino is now all  stapled down. The yoke surrounds are on and I managed to get the MIP up on the floor, ready for some work.

Here's the days pics:

7wbUv.jpg

XLM9S.jpg

2eG3E.jpg

DwIk.jpg

So, I'll be starting on the final fixes for the MIP tomorrow. It should only take a few days to finish it off and then I'll be testing it all. I'll probably make a few little vids then.

More to come.......

Frank

Not much to show in yesterday's performance.

I'm getting the MIP done, so it will be a bit quiet for a few days.

However, I've got to order some parts in, in the next few days, as well, so when they arrive, things will be rocking along then.

More to come..........

Frank

Well, it feels like duck season.

On top, there isn't much happening, but underneath there is a flurry of things being done.

I've been working on the MIP, finishing off the connection for my new Flight Illusion gauges. I'm also upgrading my AFDS units from FDS while I'm there, too and brand new annunciators as well.

I'd bought the annunciators with the MIP and some of them have seen better day, so best to start off new.

I've also ordered a working IRS for the aft overhead panel. This one comes from Russcool in New Zealand. It is an awesome piece of gear and works as per the original. nothing like a bit of authenticity!

I also bought the replacement timber for the fillets on the supports from the shell. When I originally manufactured these, the clearance was too tight for both overheads.

So, I decided to slim the fillets down and give the overheads a bit of clearance. They should have a few millimetres either side now.

So, that's about it, at the moment.

I'll try and get some pics together over the next few days as things come together, but it's hectic at the moment.

More to come............

Frank

I got a triple head 2 go unit, but I'll be running a Titan, so may not need the triple head2go.

I know that I was using Wideview before, but not exactly sure about it at the moment. I need to do a bit more current research.

On another note, I've been contemplating my seats. I had the chance to buy a nice set of 737 originals for a real good price. The only problem is, they are not so comfortable after a few hours.

Whilst I have tried to be as authentic as possible within the flight deck, this is where I draw the line. I want comfort. I have a local manufacturer of seats that makes them all, train, boat, truck, you name it. 

I was looking at some big, comfortable leather untis called the "Big Daddy" seats. They look so comfortable. So i'm keen on those.

I'll take a run over to the factory one day next week and see what transpires. I'm expecting to pay about 5 grand for a set of seats. They also make jump seats, so I'll also be grabbing one of those.

There is so much to think about, at the moment. The mind boggles...

So, I'll keep the nose to the grindstone and keep it happening.

Oh, and my round Australia trip, mapping out my Ozzie routes for the sim, is going great.

I had a wonderful flight the other night, from Broome to Darwin. It was a day flight and the take-off from Broome was something else. It was such a shame to leave it, the ORBX scenery there is so magic!

I found a nice FSX Darwin International at Ozx, so the landing was pretty great, too.

But, I've had some pretty homesick passengers sitting at Alice Springs for a few days, so our Flight tonight will leave out of Alice, bound for Cairns.

This is also looking to be a bottler too, with ORBX Alice Springs and Cairns, two of FTX's best Airports.

Better not keep the passengers waiting too long,

Frank

Just got home from seeing the guys at Seats'R'Us in Rocklea. I'm ordering my seats from them. They have a beautiful, oooh so comfortable motorhome seat, with a slide and rail, gas strut and 180 degree swivel base.

It has fabric covered arms as well. I think it will be one of the highlights of the sim.

I had to stray from the original 737 seats as I have a pretty dodgey back and with these seats I'll be good to go for hours without any problems.

The guys at Seats'r'us were fantastic, very helpful. By the time they modify the seats to accommodate the yokes and build the bases, they will work out chaper than buying a set of 737 seats from the States, by a few grand.

There's lots more happening, but I have to fly off now, to vote for the election tomorrow, grrrrr, don't mention the election!

Definitely more to come.......

Frank

I feel like I'm on a merry-go-round.

I have had a real problem over the past day or so, just fitting some of the panels back in my MIP.

I also wanted to upgrade my AFDS units, to more resemble the true AFDS units on the 737. However, with the MIP I have and the way it is mounted on timber, that is less than an easy task and would require me to tear it almost back down to scratch.

So, after much consideration, I've decided to sell the whole shooting match and build a new one. now, before the faithful jump up and down and declare me totally nuts, I mean the MIP only!

I decided I'd be better off, having spent the money to date, having a new Version 2.0 FDS MIP with all of the bells and whistles, and I'd be happy for many years. 

As it was, the MIP was something I was planning to upgrade at a future date, anyway.

What does that mean to my time frame?  In simple terms, nothing. I don't have a specified date I want the thing to fly, but I would dearly love to be winging my way around Oz at the end of the year.

That doesn't mean I still can't achieve that goal, I just need to get the new stuff ASAP and fit it all up and get it in the shell.

It also means I'll be calling a halt to any further progress on the current MIP. I will assess the situation and work out exactly how much of the existing set-up I'll be selling and then when the new one arrives and is up and operational, I'll sell off the superseded one.

I still have lots of stuff I need to do, in the mean time, so it won't stop me completely.

Now, back to the grindstone.

Frank

This project is sounding more and more like someone waiting to but a PC because the next iteration of whatever will be released in a month or two and then when it is released the reality that the next iteration is only months away and putting it back on hold again.

Will it ever be completed?

We will all still be checking on your progress right up to and including that first flight. After that, the queue begins forming at your door...lol

Keep  up your incredible work.

I won't

Wow, I'm not sure how to take that?

If I've disappointed you, Andy, then feel free to give this thread a miss.

I started this project with a finished article in mind, but throughout the last year and a half, it has changed dramatically.

It never started out as a full cockpit with wrap around screen and triple projectors. That was something that evolved as time and money became more abundant for my project.

I want to produce something that fits my needs, nobody else's. To that end, I've decided that a newer MIP will operate better and make the building process easier, so that's my decision.

I've heard a lot of people along the way, say that I was just wasting my time and that I'd never finish it, but they don't know me very well.

So, for those that want to hang in there and respect my choices and perseverance, thanx. I'll try and provide some small amount of entertainment and information.

On another note, I've just completed my circumnavigation of Oz tonight.

It finished off with a beautiful autoland on runway 01, Brisbane at 3.00pm.

My routes were:

Brisbane- Coolangatta: 56 NM

Coolangatta - Sydney:  390 NM

Sydney- Wollongong: 51 NM

Wollongong-Canberra: 93 NM

Canberra- Launceston: 409 NM 

Launceston-Hobart 85 NM

Hobart- Melbourne: 345 NM

Melbourne-Adelaide: 365 NM

Adelaide- Esperance: 997 NM

Esperance- Kalgoorlie: 175 NM

Kalgoorlie- Perth: 320 NM

Perth- Learmonth: 596 NM

Learmonth- Broome: 569 NM

Broome-Darwin: 624 NM 

Darwin-Alice Springs: 718 NM

Alice Springs- Cairns: 837 NM

Cairns- Bundaberg: 625 NM

Bundaberg- Brisbane: 159 NM

Total: 7414 NM

And a lot of hours behind the yoke.

more to come.......

Frank

I'm with you Frank, often building something complex like a sim cockpit or motor car restoration or anything like that will cause us to revise our objectives from time to time. From my perspective you are to be congratulated on your willingness to change tack when you believe a better solution is available, after all this is your project and we are privellaged to be able to follow your progress.

Love the anecdotes, they give me hope when something doesn't go completely right, which shows us where the pitfalls are and how to solve them should we ever want to follow in your footsteps, not that I am likely to but others might.

No matter if completion is Christmas time or further down the track this thread has been one of the most interesting hands-on practical FS projects I have seen. Keep up the great work.

Cheers Jeff

Archived